Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i monitor my fitness data with the Watch4 when working out?

(Topic created on: 16-10-2022 06:00 AM)
Members_7sGi5or
First Poster
Options

Hey guys, simple thing, i just want my Samsung Health App to stay awake as long as i am working out, however everything is trying to stop me from doing that! I would be happy to just use the 1 min timeout for that (i can manage tap my watch once a minute, no big deal), but whenever i tilt my wrist away the watch turns off the screen instantly. Then i thought "No big deal, i just use the AOD!". Now someone at Samsung is having a laugh over there, because when i tilt my wrist away now, the watch blurs out the whole screen instead of turning it off. Great, always wanted to watch some blur instead of my heart rate. I surely can´t be the only one that uses this watch as a fitness devices, so please tell me this isn´t just extremely poorly designed and i am missing/misunderstanding something.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you got the 'raise wrist to wake' gesture enabled? When I go to the gym, I start my workout and let the screen turn off and whenever I want to check my HR or workout time, I just lift my wrist to see the data.
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Also just found this post with a possible workaround from a simple search:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/wearables/galaxy-watch-4-classic-screen-goes-off-by-turning-the-...Screenshot_20221016-055847_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
Members_7sGi5or
First Poster
Options

Yes of course, even though it doesnt work all the time, its still a useful feature to have.

I have tried the workaround, however then the watch wakes up at to me random intervalls and then sometimes not at all when i want it to. Unfurtunately not the solution for me. I don´t even think the "turn away wrist" thing is bad at all, but why did anyone go out of their way to programm my watch to become blurry when using the AOD? That´s just malicious!

0 Likes