Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here's why we need the AOD second hand back

(Topic created on: 07-04-2021 06:57 PM)
Adamfr96
First Poster
Options
I've owned a couple of wear os watches before switching to a galaxy watch active 2 and both of my wear os watches supported a second hand on the AOD. I'm missing the feature more and more each day, it baffles me that Samsung took this feature away from its customers. 

On my wear os watches I got better battery life with the second hand on the AOD and tilt to wake gestures turned off as I rarely needed to actually wake my screen. Surely Samsung watches could be used the same way and depending on use case see minimal battery drain compared to constantly relying on the use of gestures to see a second hand? I get that there's a focus on having a simple AOD but at least give us the choice Samsung! 

1 REPLY 1
hulk_overstand
First Poster
Options

Very much agreed. Very annoying they didn't bother to simply make it an option. It's like driving your car into the dealer for an oil change, then driving out with crank windows instead of power windows. If it were a security vulnerability they could simply say so. Instead, they inexplicably and -- sometimes slyly -- foisted this UX regression and alienated a great deal of users in healthcare settings, at the very least.