Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google pay

(Topic created on: 27-01-2021 02:50 PM)
Mreric66
Pioneer
Options
I will not buy another Samsung phone without Google pay. Its time you put this feature on the watches Samsung.
8 REPLIES 8
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Why not switch to Samsung Pay? if your bank supports it, there is no reason why you shouldn't give Samsung's effort a go. It works fine for me. I'm with Nationwide.
0 Likes
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
Hey there Mreiric66!

Samsung Pay is pretty good - I've just switched from Google Pay because I brought a Galaxy Watch Active2. It's not as straightforward to pay using your phone, but it prevents other people from just dumping your phone on a reader to pay for stuff.

In terms of putting Google Pay on Samsung's watches, they probably won't because Google Pay's designed for Android/Wear OS and Samsung's watches use Tizen - Google probably wouldn't write an app if Samsung asked them because it's a competing (and IMHO, better) platform to WearOS.

Hope this helps, and best wishes,
Tom 🙂
0 Likes
Lnesh
Explorer
Options
I got a galaxy watch active 2 but my bank doesn't support Samsung pay (NatWest). there is a work around though. if you sign up to curve (free) which is supported by Samsung pay you can link your bank card to the curve card. so I use Samsung pay on the watch through curve and the payment comes off my NatWest card
Mreric66
Pioneer
Options
I bank with Nat West. I don't particularly think its a good effort by Samsung at all. I have just upgraded to the S21 Ultra where I also believe they are doing away with support for Samsung Pay. So if they are not supporting the S20 series they need to provide an alternative.
0 Likes
Mreric66
Pioneer
Options
0 Likes
Frenchy5370
Journeyman
Options
yes curve works and its free, im with Lloyds
Mreric66
Pioneer
Options
Yes I took advice from this and tried out Curve...imna happy bunny now. Sorry Samsung!!
0 Likes
Members_2pSFchU
First Poster
Options

I also have this problem, as I bank with Natwest. I have used curve on my phone for this as a work around, but I cannot use curve on my smartwatch (samsung galaxy watch 3) so I cannot pay for things in shops without my phone, just on my watch. And yet, my Nationwide account works fine. Is this the same for you?

0 Likes