Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google assistant install issue on Galaxy Watch 4

(Topic created on: 25-05-2022 07:13 AM)
D3Vaz
Student
Options

Hi, I have had a search and can't seem to find this issue anywhere else.

I have installed/updated Google Assistant on my Galaxy Watch 4 -

when I press the button on my Watch 4 to open assistant it says 'Get Started' 

When clicked on it then says 'Open on phone to activate'

But when I click it on the watch nothing happens on the phone! So it cannot be activated.

If the screen on the phone is off, it lights up, but then nothing else.

Any suggestions please?

4 REPLIES 4
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi , you state "

When clicked on it then says 'Open on phone to activate'

But when I click it on the watch nothing happens on the phone! So it cannot be activated."

First sentence says you are told to open on phone and in the second sentence you state  you click on the watch. Didn't you click on the watch as per the screen instruction? I'm confused.

I don't know if this helps Solved: Watch 4 Google assistant (problem). - Samsung Community

D3Vaz
Student
Options

Thanks for the reply.

I have been checking further and realised that it was caused by some of the Galaxy Wear app other permissions been disabled - specifically 'Display popup window while running in the background".

I didn't realise that it was disabled as I had previously allowed them all for Galaxy Wear- but I have changed my phone recently and copied the apps over from my old phone using the built in facility on the new phone.

Perhaps in the process it switched to disabled.

Anyway sorted now - thanks.

0 Likes
spanzetta1
Apprentice
Options

I have similar problem.. when try to enable it i see the assistant screen  on the phone (Samsung A9)  but it remains in "connecting" without success..

Any suggestions?

I already tried to Uninstal and reinstall app on the watch and clear cache on both wearable and Google app without success

Thanks 

0 Likes
Carlos Pardo
First Poster
Options

hello! I have the same problem too. Does anyone know the solution?

Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact