Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEAR S3 FRONTIER ALWAYS ON DISPLAY NOT WORKING

(Topic created on: 27-01-2019 06:32 AM)
gregfoster19
First Poster
Options

I have a Gear S3 Frontier and the AOD doesnt seem to be working, I also have issues with the heartrate monitor.

I have reset it and still have no luck, I have Tattoo's on both arms including wrists, If i put the Gear S3 on the back of my hand(where there is no Tattoo) it works as does the heart monitor.

Should this do this ???

3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

When smart watches in general were released it didn't take too long for new owners with tattoos to give feedback that the sensors on the rear of the watch were having issues working properly @gregfoster19 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Casper89D
First Poster
Options

I have been having this issue ever since purchase a year ago. That, and issues with the time displayed inaccurately first after waking it. This has always frustrated myself and have complained about it to samsung. They requested I send it in the first time (last year) to do a diagnostic and swap out some internals. That did not fix the issue with the AOD issue. There are other complaints I have with the watch such as the lack of customizability (button re-mapping, screen-time out customizability and disabled for certain apps like timer, etc.) The recent update a couple months ago added a bunch of useless features and fixed minor issues, while not really improving the watch and the apps. Hopefully someday this will be addressed because I readily do not recommend this watch.

0 Likes
Bob1234567890
First Poster
Options

Enjoy your tatoo and buy a regular watch then!

0 Likes