Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear Fit - broken screen

(Topic created on: 27-12-2017 12:22 PM)
GearFit2-screen
First Poster
Options

Hello all

I was wondering if someone can help.  Not sure how but the screen to my Gear Fit 2 has cracked.  I have sent it back to samsung and long story short they will not repair it, told me it was my fault and want me to pay £150 to repair it.  I thought these things are meant to be strong!

Any way I was wondering if anyone knows where I can purchase a screen from so I can repair it myself, had a quick look online and don't wish to purchase something which will not fit.  If I can't find anything I will need to purchase a different brand and move away from the world of samsung.

Thank you in advance and take care.

Regards

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Manufacturing Warranty would not cover a broken screen as this type of damage is in seen as in connection to some kind force against the screen. 

Perhaps try a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre location. Some are Carphone Warehouse Stores. Alas the cost to replace would almost certainly be applied however. 

Attempting to fit a screen yourself would definitely void any remaining Manufacturing Warranty and the part you purchase would have a good chance of not being an oem original Samsung screen so not work as it should.

You would be introducing dust etc into the device and could damage something while trying. 

Of course it's up to you. 

You could check in any applicable Home Contents Insurance Policy to see if your covered. T&C's and Excess Fee's would need to be checked. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "