Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Stops Recording work out part way through

(Topic created on: 11-06-2020 09:45 AM)
Seftonbarn
Journeyman
Options

So this is really annoying now.  For months the watch has been fine but a couple of weeks ago now I got half way through a run and the watch stopped recording.  I use the watches work out app, select running (basic work out) and press start.  It records for about 10 minutes and then stops.   So a couple of days ago I set the screen to stary on during the run and it was fine for one run.  I ran again today and again it stoped after about 2km; no record of the run at all.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

231 REPLIES 231
buddler
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue as many here have posted. My "training" stops after a few seconds. Only the "automatic" detection seams to work, but not the intended ones.

After readings a lot of comments I searched through my settings and found out, that the space on the device was at 3.8 of 4 GB. So I decided to delete some apps and music (now it's 3.2 of 4 GB).

A first test showed, that a workout seems to be working now. I stopped after some minutes.

So maybe delete some of your stuff from the watch and try again. Maybe it needs more temporary space?

0 Likes
MehdiZ
Apprentice
Options

Hello, I'm facing this problem since 2 weeks ago and I have 400mb available.

I will try this evening to disable auto detect to see if it resolve the problem.

0 Likes
HelenC100
Explorer
Options
I wondered about this, but haven't added any apps. Where did you find the space? I went through the watch and couldn't figure out where that was to check. Thanks
0 Likes
HelenC100
Explorer
Options

OK it's working since I changed the settings so it's screen always on during exercise (even without waiting for location/heart rate). But that really runs the battery down very quickly, so if I leave for a walk and it's not fully charged it's struggling to record the whole thing. It was working so well for the first two years I owned the watch, I hope Samsung can fix this soon! I will try the reset someone else suggested.

TheWalker
Journeyman
Options

Samsung has a fix... See my earlier post.

MehdiZ
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

In galaxy wearable app on phone, go to watch information you can see memory left ! 

0 Likes
HelenC100
Explorer
Options

Great, thanks. Have followed the steps now - fingers crossed... !

Thanks for sharing.

0 Likes
andreyco
Journeyman
Options

I was already pretty successfuly using the "screen always on" during a workout as a resolution, but went ahead and followed the reset steps provided by support. Hope it helps! I'll test next time the weather isn't trying to kill me.

0 Likes
HelenC100
Explorer
Options

Thanks - this does seem to have made it work, and successfully walked for 1.5hr last night without any problems and screen off. Thanks again for sharing.

NeilB23
Explorer
Options

I can confirm that @TheWalker's fix does work and it tracked my entire 30 minute HIIT session this afternoon whereas before the fix my Circuit Training tracker was the worst out of all of them for stopping/crashing. I will do a further test post-dinner when I go for a walk and report my findings.