Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy watch steps resetting to zero before midnight

(Topic created on: 09-09-2020 10:33 PM)
Bonnies29
First Poster
Options
The last 2 days I have been at around 6500 steps and then at sometime between 8.30 and 10.00pm it has reset to zero and samsung health says I've only done a few steps. It was working ok before. Anyone else had this issue?
12 REPLIES 12
Zellfreid
Student
Options

I am also having this problem! I can't find a setting to change it. Were you able to resolve this without having to factory reset?

Dee mogul
Apprentice
Options

Mine just started  doing the exact same thing 2 days ago. Does anyone ; Samsung maybe , have  an answer to this problem??

0 Likes
CDiaz
First Poster
Options

Mine has started this recently too! Just within the last month or so. (Current date 12/27/22) It's quite annoying.

0 Likes
Dee mogul
Apprentice
Options

I was able to fix the issue yesterday. I went into app settings on my phone, tapped Samsung health app, cleared cache & data. Uninstalled Samsung health from phone & watch ( and any other samsung health related apps you may have)  turned off phone for 1 min. Reinstall everything. 

PrincessEve
First Poster
Options

I think this worked for me. I turned off the watch, uninstalled Samsung Health app, rebooted the phone, turned on the watch, reinstalled Samsung Health, and the step count corrected itself on the watch. The count had already reset for the day (long before midnight), and now it is agreeing with the app again. Thanks for posting this. Will see if it works properly tomorrow. It's been resetting to 0 around eight in the evening for weeks. 

Zellfreid
Student
Options

Confirmed PrincessEve's technique seems to have worked for me! Although, to be fair, I don't think I tried just turning my watch off and on again.

0 Likes
ShaleeC
First Poster
Options

I read all these and did try to just turn watch off then back on. At first it didn't reset..but a few mins later the watch was synced again!

0 Likes
Dee mogul
Apprentice
Options

Awesome! 😊

0 Likes
Bigdave240
First Poster
Options

Worked for me. Didn't seem like it at first but by the next morning it was corrected. Thanks!