Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Slow since last update

(Topic created on: 05-04-2021 09:02 AM)
Ianl_85
Apprentice
Options

Since the last update to my Galaxy Watch (SM-R800) the watch has become increasingly laggy and unresponsive.

When waking up the device it takes forever (if ever) to bring up a watch face and when using fitness tracking (walking) it will all of a sudden stop the manual workout and switch to auto detect.

I have tried changing watch faces (previously used Facer) and have factory reset twice but nothing is working.

Online chat are no help and want me to pay to send the watch to be diagnosed and repaired.

Is anyone else facing issues with the new update?

16 REPLIES 16
Remingtonsteele
Apprentice
Options

Same here. Watch is completely unreliable. Case in point, I'm out for a walk and set the watch (which took an age) and in less than 1km the tracking had turned off 

Andyh1210
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same with mine. The latest update has rendered my Galaxy Watch useless

Remingtonsteele
Apprentice
Options

I reset the watch over the weekend and removed facer from it. 

It's working much better now thankfully 

Ianl_85
Apprentice
Options
Same here. Didn't last long I'm afraid
Members_UMguQsd
First Poster
Options

I am the same slow to wake  slow takes ages , switches off face not much difference,  and workouts walking just stops recording wtf 

calaski8123
Journeyman
Options

Same here. Update made it extremely slow to wake up. Slow whether I use gesture or hit the button.

I factory reset it and it went back to normal but only for a few hours. There is a video on youtube how to fix it which involves toggling gesture on and off. Tried that and again it worked for a few hours. Nothing lasts.

Never had this problem and it began immediately after the update. Love this watch but please fix it. I can take my phone out of my pocket, read and reply to a message and put it back before the watch wakes up. It's useless. 

Jim

Danelle
Journeyman
Options

Yup, I was just doing some research and appears I'm not alone. Before the update when I raise my wrist, the watch would light up. Now I have to manually press a side button to check the time. And yes, its very slow and lags. I guess this is samsungs attempt to be just like apple and force you to buy a new watch!!! I'm using the Samsung galaxy watch OG. R815U

Danelle
Journeyman
Options

What's facer? 

0 Likes
calaski8123
Journeyman
Options

Facer is a watch face app you can change your watch face with