Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Galaxy watch) Automatic exercise tracking issue - swimming during sleeping

(Topic created on: 08-02-2020 10:35 AM)
Barttek
Apprentice
Options

Hi, 

Few days ago I've noticed that my watch is randomly tracking swim during the day... Even I'm doing different things. This night I've noticed that's happening during the sleep also. When I've checked the exercise autotracking history I had multiple swim sessions covering whole duration of my sleep - as per attached screenshot.

This is causing 2 major issues:

- exercise tracking is useless... As the results are faked by the fake swim sessions,

- battery is drained quicker.

It started happening just few days ago, before everything was fine. Not sure if any SW upgrade caused it. My Watch detailed are:

- model: SM-R800,

- tinzen very: 4.0.0.7,

- SW ver: R800XXU1DSL1.

Does anyone encounter the same issue? How to solve it?

Screenshot:Screenshot_20200208-111326.png

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
Members_A8pTl4I
First Poster
Options

Hello to everybody. The same issue here. Started some days ago. Automatic swimming activity starts even if I dont wear my watch. Do you have any news on the problem?

0 Likes
Matthew W
Apprentice
Options

I "fixed" it by removing swimming from the list of exercises automatically tracked by the watch.

However, three weeks later, my battery life suddenly dropped from 4 days to 12 hours. This wasn't a gradual change, it happened instantly. So I think there was a fault on the watch system board, first shown by the swimming issue. My watch was out of warranty, and Samsung thought that the repair bill would likely be a couple of hundred dollars. In the end, Samsung gave me Australian $200 off a new Galaxy Watch 4, given I'm an existing Watch 1 customer.

So I no longer have my Watch 1, but a Watch 4 instead.

0 Likes
agchoucair
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem 😕

0 Likes
Burgermeister
First Poster
Options

I have this also.

Model Number SM-R805F. Watch under 2 years old.

0 Likes
Burgermeister
First Poster
Options

Just to update here.

Samsung have replaced the Motherboard. Hopefully this will resolve the issue.

0 Likes
GLOpro
First Poster
Options

I've has this problem for a while now and couldn't locate my receipt till now. 

Would Samsung just say too bad?

0 Likes
Burgermeister
First Poster
Options

Hi GLOpro,

I was able to locate my receipt and it was just within the 24 months so I got repaired for no cost.

I'm not sure if Samsung will fix without receipt though.

0 Likes