Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Active 2 - Music app battery drain

(Topic created on: 05-10-2020 10:16 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hi there,

I have a galaxy Watch Active 2 (not LTE) and since the new update my battery life has been terrible. I realised today it is the watch music app that now turns on whenever I have spotify, YouTube or twitch on. I never use the music app as I have spotify downloaded. There is no setting to turn it off so it just drains the battery really quickly. I'd have to turn off bluetooth which defeats the purpose of a smart watch. 

Is there a chance that we can get a disable button on the music app?

46 REPLIES 46
ndsports316
Apprentice
Options

I fixed it myself with a remote command until there is an offical update.  

0 Likes
whipsMontreal
Journeyman
Options

I can confirm after several weeks that the fix from ndsports316 work.  No more insane battery drain.

Thank you again.

0 Likes
jus123
Journeyman
Options

How come Samsung won't listen to their customers and fix a bug this serious? After all, this should be a really easy problem to fix. I just "upgraded" from GW to GW3, and this bug basically makes the watch useless.

0 Likes
ndsports316
Apprentice
Options

Try this go to the watchfaces tab on the wear app. (I am on Android not sure if it looks different elsewhere), then three dot menu, watch face settings, there is a an option for Ongoing icons. I turned that off and the bouncy dot went away. See if that helps?

jus123
Journeyman
Options

This definitely helped, now the battery draining is about 2% per hour, which is pretty normal for my 45mm LTE. Thanks!

0 Likes
whipsMontreal
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for sharing your discovery ndsports316, very appreciated.  Your advise work, no more bouncing musical note on the interface.  Great !!

Active 2 here and last week, they update the Tyzen OS.  I use the Facer app and after the update, the watch is 90% less slughish now if I use Facer.   Battery drain is no more a problem.

When I was young, they said that the technology will make life very more easy in the future.  When I compare the 70's TV set instructions vs now, I'm not so sure about that fact.   (hehe, just a joke)

0 Likes
Dereky
First Poster
Options

Hi all.

I have found a bodge/fudge/work around for now until Samsung listen to all of us here, who have bought their expensive tech, and get this sorted out. I need bluetooth on for the reminders to work, the only reason I bought the watch.

Here's what I do when I start a bluetooth listening app (or new track or new podcast story etc) from my phone to earbuds, speaker in the kitchen, car, telly, or what ever, and the little blue note on my watch screen starts dancing away using battery up....

I go to the music app on the watch, top right corner of its home screen there's a phone symbol, press this and it changes to a watch symbol. It toggles between playing stuff from the phone or the watch, this stops it picking up from the phone. There is a samsung tune on my watch music app and and it only plays if you press play.

That's it. I hope this helps some of you for now. Really I wish we could delete apps that we don't want, or at least be able to turn them of. Come on Samsung sort it out!

Disgruntled

Derek

0 Likes