Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Active 2 - Music app battery drain

(Topic created on: 24-11-2020 11:34 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hi there,

I have a galaxy Watch Active 2 (not LTE) and since the new update my battery life has been terrible. I realised today it is the watch music app that now turns on whenever I have spotify, YouTube or twitch on. I never use the music app as I have spotify downloaded. There is no setting to turn it off so it just drains the battery really quickly. I'd have to turn off bluetooth which defeats the purpose of a smart watch. 

Is there a chance that we can get a disable button on the music app?

46 REPLIES 46
oak2
Apprentice
Options

Got a watch update last week and this problem is still there.  Music app ALWAYS things you want to use your watch as a remote when your phone is playing any media.  SO ANNOYING!

TwistyValhalla
First Poster
Options

Definitely a Tizen 5.5.0.1 bug and easy to reproduce.

As others, music app always defaults back to phone remote mode anytime media is played on the phone even though watch only mode is selected by the user.

This should really be fixed as a priority.

0 Likes
devhen
First Poster
Options

This has been fixed for me for a couple weeks. I'm getting over 2 days of battery life like I used to but the Music app still shows a relatively high % of battery usage. Make sure you have the latest Tizen update.

EDIT: I may have spoken too soon. I think the problem is still happening.

0 Likes
sallycatriona
First Poster
Options

Same issue here!!!! 

0 Likes
grinchy
First Poster
Options

Same issue here as well, clearly this needs to be fixed! Why is there no option to disable a misbehaving app until it is fixed?

0 Likes
ndsports316
Apprentice
Options

Ok so this bug had me ticked off so much I spent the day trying to figure out a workaround. There is a way to disable the music app but it requires a few things such as connecting the watch to wifi, using a computer with Tizen Studio to connect the watch wirelessly through your laptop to run a terminal command to disable the music app. 

I have typed up some step by step directions.

How to Disable MusicApp on your Galaxy Active 2

0 Likes
whipsMontreal
Journeyman
Options

I follow all the steps.

First;  Device manager won't open... have to install C++ Redistribuable Packages for Visual Studio 2013  (x86)

Second;   Can't connect to watch until switching to static IP in the router

Third; after all seems ok, included the command panel message that it confirm the change...

nope, the music app still opening when a player is lauched on the phone (TuneIn).

no luck here even whit a reboot of the watch and phone.

0 Likes
ndsports316
Apprentice
Options

That's odd. Now I noticed this. After I ran the command. I can't physically open the music app on my watch but the music symbol does flash when I have audio going. However,  the music app does not show up in battery usage so I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you.  You ran ?

pkgcmd -D -t app -n com.samsung.w-music-player --global 

0 Likes
whipsMontreal
Journeyman
Options

Yep,   copy and paste.  I will check for battery usage too.

0 Likes
Leicesterfan
First Poster
Options

Bump. Still no word on a fix for this!?!?

0 Likes