Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 5 Pro - bought in USA - Doesn't track Blood Pressure - watch now in EU

(Topic created on: 27-06-2024 07:51 AM)
Members_WTpj7pd
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I bought a watch 5 pro to measure BP.  I live in Ireland but bought watch in the USA in October 23.  Any idea on how to get BP working on watch as it seems its not allowed on US watches.  Can watch be reset to EU standards so it can track BP?  Very Frustrating.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Sombody3
Voyager
Options
I don't think it can be set to do that, and yes you are correct that the US version doesn't track blood pressure (their laws on health trackers are more strict there). But maybe someone clever on here might know how to do it. Although I have just thought of one thing, is the time zone correct, it almost definitely will be but I know that some of the watch settings are determined by the time zone. Maybe blood pressure is one of them, but I'm not totally sure.
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Blood pressure monitor has not been approved by the FDA in the US, therefore won't work here or anywhere unless they do.

I did the same last year as the price and deal was so much better.

Also be aware that our warranty isn't valid here too
0 Likes
Members_WTpj7pd
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the comments folks.......wish I had done more research and bought and EU one that does track blood pressure.    Might sell it on and get an EU one unless there is a workaround.  Arrrggghhhhh.

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Yea there's no chance of a work around unfortunately. With samsung devices it's always best to buy from home country as they don't play nice if they are moved permantly to a different country.
0 Likes
HootleTootle
Voyager
Options
Wouldn't worry, it doesn't work worth a *****, plus you have to calibrate it every month. If you're concerned about your blood pressure, buy a proper cuff type machine.
0 Likes
Members_WTpj7pd
Apprentice
Options

Wonder if Samsung would offer me an exchange for an EU model versus USA model?   I doubt it but might try it to see.

JSCOTTWILL
Student
Options

I believe that this would be your best option - upgrade the watch to the EU variant or the watch 6 classic.  It may cost you a few more Euro but at least you'll have all the desired features.

0 Likes
Members_lFHCCdK
First Poster
Options

I wouldn't worry about it. I bought the watch as is supposed to be one of the best for blood pressure monitoring. It's wildly inaccurate, all this calibrating with a BP monitor seems to be ineffectual, and the numbers stay within the ones used to calibrate. Eg if you are having a high BP moment when you calibrate, it will continually read as high BP till the next calibration, when you haven't. Which caused a lot of concern until I used the BP monitor at the same time.  And it doesn't do continuous monitoring. I bought a £90 watch that had continuous monitoring and was more accurate. Sorry Samsung, I love your phones and tablet, but ..... 

PS I have also called for technical advice, they were lovely, but it took quite a few calls to finally be told that the watch doesn't do continuous BP monitoring. 

0 Likes
Members_lFHCCdK
First Poster
Options

btw I'm in the UK

0 Likes