Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 - Thoughts on the GW4?

(Topic created on: 07-09-2021 02:04 PM)
Colesy863
Journeyman
Options

Thoughts on the GW4? Reading lots of mixed reviews tbh. I've a Garmin Venu ATM and thinking of changing 🤔

16 REPLIES 16
Artindoril
Navigator
Options
It depends on what you come from. My fossil sport barely lasted 12 hours. Currently getting around 2 days at a push. However, because I use the sleep feature a lot and answer messages on it I tend to charge it when I'm in a meeting sat at my desk as that's more convenient.

Seems like it is similar to my note in that when it's learning usage behaviour it kills the battery. After that all good. Just make sure you turn off WiFi, always on display, tilt to wake and only turn on nfc when you need it.
Artindoril
Navigator
Options
What notification issue is that? I've been using notifications since day 1 and haven't found any problems so far on my classic
0 Likes
Artindoril
Navigator
Options
Yep. Learnt the hard way on pre-orders always the case for new tech on being a beta tester. It's part of the reason they give free stuff with the launch release. Going on my note it'll get fixed. Might just take quarter or two
RegP
Navigator
Options
Seems to be that the watches wernt made for us tattooed folk
0 Likes
Sybexx
Navigator
Options

There are so many mixed reviews on this watch (GW4), I personally love this Watch and I've not really had to many problems,  Battery Life isn't as good as my old watch 3, I have found the Heart Rate sensor slightly better and that is on my Tattooed skin.

Like all new tech that gets released, there will always be some bugs / problems but it's early days and I feel confident that these will get sorted out with some updates.

For me, the watch is a hit, onwards and upwards. 😀

blenky
Helping Hand
Options
Loving this watch so far. To be fair this is the very first watch to use the new OS so blind to be issues that hopefully will get sorted in future firmwares. I'm not seeing any of the issues reported and a battery life of nearly 2 days is acceptable to me The watch 5 will no doubt improve things but that's the nature of tech!
Colesy863
Journeyman
Options
Cheers 👍
0 Likes