Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 - Suggestion - Option to allow notifications while we aren't wearing the watch

(Topic created on: 17-09-2022 03:47 PM)
Pr337
First Poster
Options

Can we get an option to allow notifications while we aren't wearing the watch i.e docked on a table or charging.

The feature was there on older models like the active 2 but it has been removed due to wear os.

It's a really useful feature as I don't have to unlock my phone for every little notification as I can quickly see if it's an important notification or not.

Thanks
13 REPLIES 13
CarlH
Options
Bobr1384
Pioneer
Options

This would also help all of us with tattoos, where the watch doesn't think we're wearing it. It's a simple notification setting that was present in every single Samsung watch prior to this P.O.S.

AntS
Options

Hi @Pr337.,

The developers have got back to us, and advised that they are not currently looking to implement this beyond the current notifications of Calls, Alarm and Timer. But if more users say that they would like this feature and can suggest some good other use-case scenarios for it too, then it's possible that the developers would reconsider it. 👍

0 Likes
Bobr1384
Pioneer
Options

Some good "other use case scenarios"?! Are you being serious? How about just having our expensive a_ss smart watch serve it's basic reason for existence? You know, actually give us notifications!! It doesn't get more good case scenarios than that. Your/developers reply is a complete cop out. The allow notifications while you're not wearing the watch has been a setting in place on every Samsung watch I've owned since 2013. Why in God's name would I or anyone else ever dream they would do away with that on the new watch 4? So now myself (and I'm quite certain others) have pointless brand new watches (I personally have both versions of the watch 4) that don't notify us of ANY notifications and we're supposed to give the developers other "good real world scenarios" for them to consider adding that feature? What a d_amn joke. How about you give us the basic features we paid for, is that enough of a "good case scenario" for you?!!

sinky_88
First Poster
Options
Daft not having the option to do this. Makes the new watches pointless for people with tattoos
Bobr1384
Pioneer
Options

I wish/hope there's a way Samsung decides to do the right thing and bring back the notification setting that allows ALL notifications to come through regardless of whether the piece of s#hit watch thinks you're wearing it or not. To say it's dumb Samsung chose to remove this basic setting on the watch 4 after having it on every single watch they've had prior to that is an understatement. When I bought both versions of the watch 4, I was guaranteed by their customer service reps it would be fixed with an update. We'll we're now a year later and still nothing. I've got 2 watch 4's, and a brand new watch 5 sitting in my drawer and I'm stuck wearing a refurbished watch 3 simply because that allows all notifications on my sleeved arm/wrist. The watch 4 and 5 allow navigation/alarm/calendar reminders if you're not wearing it. It can't be difficult to fix if Samsung gave one ***** about their loyal customer base. I really wish I knew a popular youtuber/influencer that could get this complete joke to be seen by the right person.

Bobr1384
Pioneer
Options

@AntS you wanted a real life scenario that the developers wanted to hear before they would implement an update to bring us the option of allowing notifications while the watch thinks it's not being worn. How about this one... I've got a relative that is completely tattooed/sleeved and obviously this wonderfully intelligent (insert massive sarcasm) watch doesn't think they are wearing the watch, therfore NO notifications are received with any vibration or sound notification. Well they are diabetic and wear the wireless blood sugar monitor that sends notifications to their watch/phone when the numbers approach an unsafe range. Last week they almost had to get admitted to the hospital due to their blood sugar dropping too low and not being alerted to the 6 notifications. Is that practical and real life enough for the developers. It already allows notifications for navigation/alarms/reminders regardless of whether it's being worn. How about giving the consumer the option to choose whether we want that for everything. 

Britany
Student
Options

I agree I would love that option because if I'm not wearing my galaxy 4 just right tight and high on my wrist I don't get notifications because it's not registered that I'm wearing it. Having the option like the active 2 to not have to wear the watch to get notifications would be great. I feel like a system update could allow this really easy. 

Britany
Student
Options

I agree I would love that option because if I'm not wearing my galaxy 4 just right tight and high on my wrist I don't get notifications because it's not registered that I'm wearing it. I have tattoos so im not sure if thats why. But i have not been able to wear my watch comfortably because i am missing this feature. It makes me want to just switch back to my old watch. Having the option like the active 2 to not have to wear the watch to get notifications would be great. I feel like a system update could allow this really easy.