Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 sudden battery drain

(Topic created on: 17-12-2021 08:30 AM)
mark770
Voyager
Options
Since yesterday my watch 4 has suddenly developed mega battery drain for no apparent reason. Fully charged at 11pm last night and down to 15% by 10am today with no change to any settings. Fully charged it again until approx 2pm and in 3hrs the battery has drained by almost 50%. This is significant and is going to pose huge problems being able to wear the watch for even a working day
#battery #galaxywatch4
100 REPLIES 100
AlanJP
First Poster
Options

I normally get 1.5 days charge so have got into a routine of charging every morning, but occasionally the battery suddenly goes flat overnight - so my alarm doesn't go off, which isn't very reliable. I have done reboot/reset but it only does this sudden discharge occasionally to it is impossible to see if this makes any difference. I can't believe that so many people are reporting this fundamental problem - does anyone have an explanation from or a fix from Samsung? 

mark770
Voyager
Options
Mine seems to be working OK currently with around 1.5 days midweek. I can get 2 days on a weekend. Seen nothing official when trying to find out more about the issue.
0 Likes
Members_ZBviBlG
First Poster
Options

I am also having the same problem since yesterday. The watch was charged 100% at night and was down to 0% in the morning, completely drained. 

mark770
Voyager
Options
So annoying and completely unusable. Only suggestion I have based on personal experience unfortunately is the factory reset. I didn't fancy that due to not wanting the inconvenience of setting up again but it really wasn't that bad.
Good luck
0 Likes
Blue2023
Apprentice
Options

Same here my watch lasts about 7hours with little use pretty 🤪 *****

mark770
Voyager
Options

Have you tried the full reset option yet? Seemed to work great after I reset mine.

0 Likes
Psythik
Apprentice
Options

Same thing happened to me for the first time last night. Charged my watch to about 70-80% once it reached ~35% like I always do (took it off the charger around 2am), woke up to a dead watch. S Health's sleep tracking shows that the watch died at 4:36am, barely 2½ hours after charging. Normally I get a full 24 hours with my charging habits!

Wiped the cache partition and am currently doing a full charge in hopes that maybe the battery meter simply lost accuracy since I never let it fully charge or fully die (to preserve battery in the long run). I purchased the protection plan from Worst Buy when I bought it, so if it happens again I'll just take it back to the store and get another one. But I REALLY don't want to go through the hassle. Fingers crossed that the cache wipe and full charge fix it because I heavily rely on the sleep tracking feature to make sure I'm getting enough oxygen at night.

Screenshot_20220103-134252_Samsung Health.png

mark770
Voyager
Options
A full reset worked a treat for me. Annoying that was needed but honestly getting better performance than ever now. Generally a day and a half. I charge mine around 9pm and put on before bed at around midnight and wake up to a good 85-87% and generally around 50% the next evening
Psythik
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the update. I will give that a shot as a last resort option before I return the watch.

The only other thing I can think of that could have caused this issue is that I turned on location for the first time to map my jog. Watch is fully charged after 2 hours so let's see how things go today with a wiped cache and location off.

mark770
Voyager
Options
Just as a heads up....I use GPS quite frequently (most days) for cycling, jogging and such like for a couple of hours. Gives you an idea of what you should be expecting
0 Likes