Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 SM-R895U C Battery Life

(Topic created on: 24-07-2023 02:52 PM)
CyberHop82
First Poster
Options

Since I upgraded to the impressive Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra, I've noticed a significant drop in my Galaxy Watch 4's battery life.  Before the upgrade, my watch used to last for what felt like ages on a single charge. But now, it seems to be draining faster, even with minimal usage and battery-saving measures in place.

I've tried all the standard troubleshooting steps - restarting the watch, performing a factory reset, and ensuring battery optimization settings are enabled. However, the problem persists, and it's starting to affect my daily use of the watch, especially during workouts and long days.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Fizaan
Navigator
Options
Mine has been fine since my upgrade so I have no Idea what has happened but have you tried resetting to factory settings
0 Likes
AaronAJ
Options

@CyberHop82 The battery life of your smartwatch will vary depending on how you use it. The following may cause the battery to drain quickly:

• Having the screen brightness set to max
  • Leaving applications open and running. Close any running applications by pressing the Home button > select Recent Apps > select the minimise icon
  • Running background services, such as location tracking, heart rate monitoring, or other activity tracking features

You can check your smartwatch's battery usage in the Galaxy Wearable app. Closing apps that are running in the background can improve the smartwatch's battery life. You can do this by doing the following:

1. On your smartphone or tablet, open the Galaxy Wearable app.
2. Select Watch settings.
3. Select Battery.
4. From here, you can see the usage time and check which apps are using the most battery.

Is there an app on there using more than 25%?

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @CyberHop82 

Yu may well  have tried as many Battery saving tips as possible.  However generally ideas are to consider Power Saver Mode at times, ensure Apps are up to date,turn off unused health trackers,delete the cache and close Background Data. 

Wiping the cache partition can help though.

You should have the battery fully charged before starting this process on your smartwatch.

1. The Samsung Galaxy Watch must be turned on.

2. Now press and hold the "HOME" and "BACK" buttons simultaneously until you see the Samsung logo with "Rebooting".

3. Now release both buttons immediately and now press the home button (top right) quickly one after the other.

4. You are now in the boot menu of the Samsung Galaxy Watch. In this menu you can scroll with the "HOME" button by pressing it repeatedly.

5. Now navigate to the menu item "RECOVERY" and then press and hold the "HOME" button. This will reboot the Samsung Galaxy Watch into Android recovery mode.

6.You are now in recovery mode, which is similar to that of Samsung Galaxy smartphones.

7. Now press the "BACK" button (lower button on the right) until you have selected the menu item "WIPE CACHE PARTITION". To select it, press the "HOME" button once.

8. Now select "YES" by scrolling down and then select the entry with the home button.

9. The Wipe Cache partiton will now be executed on your Samsung Galaxy Watch. This takes a few seconds. Afterwards, the recovery menu is displayed again. Now select "Reboot Now" to restart the Samsung Galaxy Watch.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

micber67
Pioneer
Options

I have a galaxy 4 classic wifi and had a similar issue in April of this year when I was under warranty. The watch would last about 12 hours a day or night. I sent it in and they basically said that a bad update to the watch caused half an update. My watch said it was up to date and I had done multiple resets to try to fix.
Samsung said this in my ticket.
Original Problem:
SOFTWARE UPDATE - MOBILE OS UPDATES - INCOMPLETE SOFTWARE UPDATE

Problem found:
WON'T DOWNLOAD SW/PRL

Solution:
S/W UPDATED - PASSED ALL FUNCTIONAL TESTING

Seems like they just ran an update, right? No they didn't. They flashed firmware. I want to do the same since I am pretty technical. They won't give me a link to any firmware but happy to let me pay 80$ out of warranty to fix. So nice of them! They won't share the firmware file for their watches but do for their phones. Why???

I have found on some forums a copy of firmware for my watch and will be flashing it in about a week and will let you know if that fixes it or bricks it. If it bricks I will buy a ticwatch 5 pro. This is my third Samsung watch and they always develop some issue. If I can keep flashing it when this happens I will keep the watch and share with you how to and where to get the files. Samsung won't work with me and I will never buy another product from them again due to this.

And yes before you ask I have factory reset, I have wiped the cache partition, I have turned off all connections, turned off the heart rate monitor, nore detection, lift to wake, and even didn't connect to Samsung account t or Google account. I added no apps.

0 Likes
micber67
Pioneer
Options

I will be posting a video on updating the firmware this weekend which has solved my problem

Subscribe here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSiiu6Ibnb6wjjM7Lrt4PlA

0 Likes
micber67
Pioneer
Options

Here is how to fix Galaxy watch sudden battery drain issues!

https://youtu.be/XPypHSIoZyg

0 Likes