Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 Notifications - Showing Clock Over Notification

(Topic created on: 31-07-2022 11:43 AM)
lschoen
Journeyman
Options

9/14/21 Update: after reviewing the feedback of many others, intermittently blurring the screen is clearly an intentional software function that has existed since the GW3 (but curiously, not on the GWA2). I am hoping the following feature request makes it to Samsung: please remove this feature and allow us to protect our own privacy through use of a combination of existing features: AOD, lift to wake, wake on notification, and individual notification control. Comment below if you agree. Thank you!

Original post:

Hi all,

Received my GW4 last week and have been using it every day. Curious issue: sometimes (but not every time) when a notification is received, I look at the watch and it quickly blurs the notification and displays a generic, digital clock over the top. I have to hit a button to go back to the notification. There doesn't seem to be any discernible pattern to when this happens-- happens in any app, any time; even happens for one Whatsapp message, then not for another message immediately following. I even tried a factory reset and am still seeing the issue. Anyone else seeing this?

Settings: screen always on-YES, wake for notification-YES, lift to wake-NO, screen timeout-30.

115 REPLIES 115
B3rt
Explorer
Options

Thx, but it seemed i was also already 'tester'...

What version is your watch app running exactly?

(open app store on your watch, my apps, wear reminders 2, more information, scroll below...)

0 Likes
LordK
Journeyman
Options

Use clock delay, it's easier and faster to install.

0 Likes
socram
Explorer
Options
0 Likes
B3rt
Explorer
Options

I have no option to install an apk on my watch...

0 Likes
socram
Explorer
Options

The easiest way is to use ADB for this. Activate the developer settings of your watch, activate ADB debugging and adb over wifi and connect from your pc with adb connect ip-of-your-phone:5555

Then install the apk via adb install DigitalClockDelay_wear.apk.

0 Likes
Chris134134
Apprentice
Options

"9/14/21 Update: after reviewing the feedback of many others, intermittently blurring the screen is clearly an intentional software function that has existed since the GW3"

Doesn't work the same way. On the Galaxy watch 3, this time screen appears if you put your hand over the screen or the screen timeouts from not being used.

On the GW4, it does the above but also movement from your wrist. This is what's causing it to popup all the time. Samsung needs to fix this.

JeesusDude
Journeyman
Options

This whole "feature" is absurd. We have AOD with the watch face the user chosen explicitly, and yet, when the screen times out on screen-other-than-home-watch-face you are going to force this ugly simplistic digital clock? What is the point of this, such and awful "feature". It would make sense to display a "normal" AOD, but this? Samsung, pull your heads out of where they are, and implement this so when screen times out it overlays AOD not that ugly digital thing. Users chose AOD style for a reason.

0 Likes
NETJOE
Journeyman
Options

I just got a new Watch 4 a year later, I am in the process of setting it up to my liking and I do not like that ugly clock, do you of a way to get rid of that clock ? I know it is part of a programming loop to keep the screen from burning an image and to preserve battery, but I would rather it to shutoff the screen and go to a complete black display. If you know where in the menu system I could shut that off it would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
socram
Explorer
Options

You will find the answer in the thread including the app and a tutorial how to install it. 

0 Likes