Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 Notifications - Showing Clock Over Notification

(Topic created on: 24-10-2021 02:35 AM)
lschoen
Journeyman
Options

9/14/21 Update: after reviewing the feedback of many others, intermittently blurring the screen is clearly an intentional software function that has existed since the GW3 (but curiously, not on the GWA2). I am hoping the following feature request makes it to Samsung: please remove this feature and allow us to protect our own privacy through use of a combination of existing features: AOD, lift to wake, wake on notification, and individual notification control. Comment below if you agree. Thank you!

Original post:

Hi all,

Received my GW4 last week and have been using it every day. Curious issue: sometimes (but not every time) when a notification is received, I look at the watch and it quickly blurs the notification and displays a generic, digital clock over the top. I have to hit a button to go back to the notification. There doesn't seem to be any discernible pattern to when this happens-- happens in any app, any time; even happens for one Whatsapp message, then not for another message immediately following. I even tried a factory reset and am still seeing the issue. Anyone else seeing this?

Settings: screen always on-YES, wake for notification-YES, lift to wake-NO, screen timeout-30.

115 REPLIES 115
Benzfan33
Journeyman
Options

New update did not fix this issue. I tried to reach a technical support person to log this as a issue. The only option is to return it for then to fix it. But I don't think they can. 

lschoen
Journeyman
Options

I was hopeful with this last update, but alas no fix. 50% of the time I look at my wrist the screen is blurred, and as you can see from the comments above, we are not alone. Hoping this thread gets the attention of Samsung...

Jens Buhl
Student
Options

Fully agree, Samsung please make it an option to deactivate overlay of digital clock & blurring of notifications and the app screens.

S188
Apprentice
Options

Unfortunately I'm in the same boat as everyone else.

It is quite odd how a "feature" like this one is forced on with no option to turn it off! 😕

The notifications are useless on the watch as it instantly gets blurred out as soon as I move my wrist, this happens on all of the other screens too not just notifications but it's there where it's most annoying when it happens.

Samsung, please fix this and give the users the option to disable it.

Jens Buhl
Student
Options

FYI, a workaround is to set AOD = OFF, which will disable the digital clock & blurring ... while waiting for a fix.

Hanger
Apprentice
Options

We're 3 updated in and still no fix... are they even aware of this issue?

B3rt
Explorer
Options

Samsung shall also not fix this because they do not recognized this as a bug, more as a feature.

I reported this several times but each time they don't even know the problem exists, i don't think they read these forums.

So if you want to get this fixed everyone should report this directly to Samsung directly and keep reporting it until it is fixed.

Members_c4UPfrD
Student
Options

I thought i was going mad since people i talk to did not have this 'issue'.

After reading and testing it, this only happens while having AOD on + Wake screen with notifications + show details.

Exactly this combination i used and loved with my Gear Sport... and now a freaking blurred screen and clock in front of a message everytime i look at the watch. Horrible (misconfigered) feature.

Whats the point of triggering the screen for a notification, the user looking at it but has to interact with the watch (tap it) to see whats up?

I now somehow can better understand this is a privacy feature but its working against the user instead of protecting it from other people reading. It doesnt show the details automaticly when i tilt the watch to me, it never does.

And if i am correct, if you doesnt use AOD and the rest of the settings the same, it DOES show you details without blurr/clock screensaver? That makes it even more bizarre

Benzfan33
Journeyman
Options

I turned off aod and it seems to not do that anymore. I will try that till they have a software fix. 

socram
Explorer
Options

This "feature" is so ridiculous. Samsung, please patch this bug which is called a feature...