Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy watch 4 Classic wont copy over google account

(Topic created on: 25-08-2021 03:38 PM)
MagnumSkyWolf
Journeyman
Options

I just received my galaxy watch 4 classic and went it asks to copy over my google account it fails every time. I can't access the google play store at all  

Go to solution
69 REPLIES 69
Per Bilse
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem, different solution; see my reply to the original poster.

0 Likes
Minuet
First Poster
Options

I must have looked through three dozen solutions, uninstalled all the associated apps, unpaired my watch and factory reset it 5 times, removed my only Google account from my phone before finding JohnPi's solution of simply disabling biometrics and phone password/PIN.

I noticed when pairing that that "Enter security" or whatnot app was still open in the background even after using biometrics or entering my password. Once I just disabled all phone unlock security, it worked immediately. Then I just re-made my password and everything is good.

0 Likes
DereX
Student
Options

Havw you solved the issue already?

0 Likes
Minuet
First Poster
Options

Disabling the pin/password/biometrics solved the issue, as I said in my post.

0 Likes
Alex33
Journeyman
Options
Basically fully update both devices then factory reset both and start from scratch, worked for me, some glitch somwehere
0 Likes
Manjit M
Apprentice
Options

Hi all.

None of these solutions worked for me.

Reset watch 4 several times.

Reinstalled wear app and plugin several times.

Disabled all security settings like pin, fingerprint etc.

Disabled 2 factor authentication in Google.

Removed 2nd Google account.

Removed all Google accounts and started from scratch. Didn't format the phone.

Deleted data of all apps related to Google.

Logged out of watch in Google account settings from signed in devices.

Wear app kept showing 'couldn't copy Google accounts' after disabling everything.

After all why do we have to disable all necessary settings to copy Google account to watch 4 ? I still don't understand.

But after all this i added my two Google accounts in phone, re-enabled Google 2 factor authentication, re-enabled all phone security settings including pin and did a backup of Google settings in phone. Google account got copied to watch 4 immediately following all these steps. I do not know how it happened. But got it done somehow finally...!

Mahmoud Gamal
First Poster
Options

I tried to clear google play services storage completely.

The phone could not connect to the watch until i reset the watch but the account was able to be copied. Give it a try!

0 Likes
TarekZ3
First Poster
Options

Actually, it is not related to your phone as initially, it does not work with my Z fold 3 but it works great on Note 8

the solution which definitely will work, 

1- remove google account from your fone from settings, accounts 

2- restart your phone 

3 reset the watch 4 

4- open galaxy wearable and add your watch, skip adding a google account 

after finishing your watch setup

1- add your google account to your phone again

2- make sure your watch connected to the same wifi on your phone 

3- from the watch setting/ accounts and backup add link it to your google account

enjoy :smiling-face:  

0 Likes
Nanette1982
First Poster
Options

I have a similar issue. I have a brand new Galaxy watch 4, set it up on my Huawei Nova 8i. When it comes to the google play store on the watch it wants to pull the google accounts from the phone... Huawei does not have google accounts so I cannot install the other apps on the watch. Any other way of signing into the play store on the watch? I have an older Hisense phone with google account, but after setting everything up via the Hisense , I want to move the watch back to my Huawei, it wants to reset the watch. This is the stupidest feature ever. Any way to move the watch back without reset? Or set playstore settings in another way?

0 Likes
Lori_Gieber
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have done all of this but nothing has changed.  I cannot add on an additional Google account.  It says "Account action required" on my watch and when I click on it to open up on my phone it goes directly to send an email in gmail on my phone.  So weird that the gmail app opens every time.  I am exhausted trying to figure this out.  Any other ideas?

0 Likes