Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Play Store on Galaxy Watch 4 doesn't work

(Topic created on: 28-12-2023 11:52 AM)
Members_6OWlMQR
Apprentice
Options

Hello, this weird bug came into my galaxy watch 4 recently.
After samsung update Google Play Store app stopped working, it says only "No apps found.".
I can't browse apps, I can't change any settings, update apps etc. I can only search for apps.
When I try to install app via play store on my phone, it says that device is not connected to internet, when it surely is.
From web page on desktop, I can install some apps on play store into the watch.
I discovered, that when I logout from google account, then app runs much better, it says it is trying to update 10 apps, but it goes on forever and never ends (but I obviously can't use this without google account).
I can also access version of google play store app and it's a little bit older, than on my phone. But when I click on update, it says I got the newest version.

I tried resetting (factory settings) watch numerous times, clearing cache, restarting and everything.
Samsung Support says I need to bring them to shop, but this is obviously software bug, that has nothing to do with hardware.

Please help, is there any work around, or someone from developers, to release fix update for this?
Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Notdeadsleeping
Journeyman
Options

I was about to get it to work consistently by enabling app and browser history and also location history. I also had to remove my Google account from my watch then rebooting and adding my account again via Samsung wearable app.

Disabling app and browser history as well as location history reintroduced the no apps issue.

I was able to gain access to the Playstore again by going through the whole process a second time.

View solution in context

34 REPLIES 34
catnap
Journeyman
Options

Same problem - Google play store says no apps available on my Watch 4. This has been going on for about a week.

Notdeadsleeping
Journeyman
Options

Same thing with my watch 5.

Noticed it before installing the latest software update, still the same issue after updating.

It seems a lot of people have this issue but most others don't.

Nothing I've tried has worked.

Andrea_x19
Apprentice
Options

Same on my Watch 4, however, it works on my friend's Watch 4

Tkwtampabay
Journeyman
Options

Same as on my Watch 4..

DarioBallabio
Apprentice
Options

Same on my watch4. After experiencing the problem I installed the December update, but nothing changed.

Tkwtampabay
Journeyman
Options

I just fixed it on my watch by deleting my google play account off of my watch 4 (Settings, Accounts & Backups, & Google Account)  and then adding it back in via the wear app which it took me back to the Phone to re-install it (Settings, Accounts & Backups, Google Account then add you Google Account back in) on the watch and every is 100% functional now.. Thank God I didn't have to do a reset of the watch as I noticed that the watch back up had also been turned off...

catnap
Journeyman
Options

Could you go into detail on how you did this because I get a screen on my phone that says verify identity with a numbers only box and I don't know what they want me to put in. My google password is letters and numbers.

0 Likes
vecherinski
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your tip! Unfortunately, it didn't work for my Galaxy Watch5 Pro, even deleting all data and uninstalling updates of the app has nothing changed 🥲 

Members_6OWlMQR
Apprentice
Options

Weird... when I delete my google account from the watch and I want to add it again, it simply logs in without any instalations...
Maybe you somehow uninstalled/removed/cleaned play store app before adding account back?

0 Likes