Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 classic no deep sleep on sleep tracking

(Topic created on: 12-09-2021 01:47 PM)
Rolotomasee
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

Anyone else have this issue where galaxy watch 4 classic records very little to no deep sleep? 3 mins some nights out of 7 hours total sleep. Wore an old fitbit charge 2 one night with the galaxy watch 4 classic and fitbit reported 1hr 20mins deep sleep, galaxy reported 20mins. Any ideas how to fix this? 

129 REPLIES 129
Onyx051
Journeyman
Options
Also having the same issue. Switched to the watch 4 from a Fitbit charge 3 and there is definitely something wrong with Samsung's algorithm for detecting deep sleep. In what was for me a good night's sleep, it only detected 3 mins of deep sleep.

A secondary issue is that this miscalculation has a huge impact on the resulting overall sleep score, since the amount of deep sleep contributes significantly towards this.

I really hope this gets fixed soon.
0 Likes
Melon34
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. No solutions yet?

0 Likes
Fernando3
Journeyman
Options

Come on samsung... give us a solution.  My watch was a gift from someone in the US, I hope the solution will not be to send it to the service

0 Likes
Magulian
First Poster
Options

Same issue!! Deep sleep has never been an issue for me (that I know of) after years with my Fitbit versa. My first week with the galaxy4 was pretty normal and then tanked the last two weeks, recording only 0-3 minutes since. 

alexmidd
Pioneer
Options

Same issue here, doesn’t look like Samsung care about it, or all the other problems such as incorrect heart rate zones for my age and heart rate constantly freezing at ridiculous amounts like 174bpm. Please fix these issue Samsung and stop telling us to reset the watch or wear it tighter etc.

Fernando3
Journeyman
Options

I think Samsung doesn't even check this forum. Really disappointing. 

0 Likes
jt_dym
Student
Options

Same for me, using Galaxy Watch4 and Galaxy S20 Ultra (Exynos).

Hopefully it'll get fixed.

0 Likes
XPISigmaArt
Student
Options

I had this trouble for a while too, then I tried a particular setting and it's been consistently detecting up to around 30 minutes of deep sleep each day! (instead of 0 to 6 minutes)

Head to your application settings, easy way is to hold down Samsung Health and press the little (i). After you're in, change the permissions.  The sensor permission was turned off for some reason, I went ahead and gave the app permission for everything.  I also set the application to not shut off automatically (found under the battery settings).  I'm using the One UI 4.0 beta so it shouldn't be too different to stock either.

But yeah that's what solved my problem!

Maveric09
Student
Options

I am noticing a broader issue since the Beta update with Samsung S Health, and that is that data permissions periodically reset. I have to constantly reauthorize them. Perhaps that is lending to the issue? 

0 Likes
XPISigmaArt
Student
Options

Ohh! Yeah that sounds like something significant for sure.  Mine haven't reset since the beta upgrade, but I know all beta experience isn't the same.  

0 Likes