Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 classic no deep sleep on sleep tracking

(Topic created on: 05-11-2021 12:51 PM)
Rolotomasee
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

Anyone else have this issue where galaxy watch 4 classic records very little to no deep sleep? 3 mins some nights out of 7 hours total sleep. Wore an old fitbit charge 2 one night with the galaxy watch 4 classic and fitbit reported 1hr 20mins deep sleep, galaxy reported 20mins. Any ideas how to fix this? 

129 REPLIES 129
yrbhan
First Poster
Options

Ahaa, thats a significant improvement over just a couple of mins of deep sleep, also, what sleep score did you get on an avg?

I guess 30mins is still less. I tried the same setting that you did, and was able to get 20-30 mins of deep sleep. However, I had a fitbit charge 3 before this, and that used to record around 1.5 hours of deep sleep on avg.

0 Likes
Fernando3
Journeyman
Options

I did the permissions thing and nothing, still 2 minutes of deep sleep stage. So sad. 

0 Likes
Keen
Apprentice
Options

Did the persmission settings, 1st night I got 34 mins deep sleep, but last night only 2 mins. Check the Samsung Health app again, body sensors are not off. Bloody Samsung still not responding.....

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi all,

For reporting software errors/weirdness for watches it's best to send good error reports with log files via the Wearables app. That'll give the developers more info to analyse what's going on in these cases, and hopefully more quickly produce a fix.

Guidance for sending error reports for Samsung Wearables here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-send-an-error-report/ 

As soon as you notice the issue:

1. Launch Galaxy Wearable and tap the 'more' icon (3 lines) on left-top side
2. Tap Contact us and then tap Error reports
3. Select Always or Just this time and then tap OK
4. Describe problem in detail and SEND  (>)

Samsung Wearable Error Reporting.png

KeraTerra
First Poster
Options

I don't have the option to submit a bug/log file. How do I do this on a non-Samsung phone? 

0 Likes
lorraineg57
Pioneer
Options

My sensors are all on. I'm really not surprised when mine says next to no deep sleep. Didn't it used to be possible to expand the sleep graph to get a better look at it? I could swear I used to be able to do that. I could run my finger across the graph and see EXACTLY what times I was awake, it opened in a new window in the app? 

0 Likes
Edwsrd1kane
Apprentice
Options

This has been really frusterating, I had to return my first galaxy watch 4 44mm becuase it had the same problem, not recording any deep sleep and not giving me a resting heart rate only two dashes. I have submitted multiple error reports and Samsung has been very unhelpful. I've tried buying a new watch, deleting and reinstalling the wearables and Samsung health app, reseting the watch. I don't think Samsung is taking this matter at all seriously based on the responses to me, very cookie cutter answers. It may be up to us to find a common theme about why this is happening. I am using a galaxy phone s10 plus, what phone is everyone else using, maybe that is having a impact?

0 Likes
Sharay9
First Poster
Options

Same here. I wear my Fitbit and my galaxy watch and I always have much more deep sleep showing on my Fitbit hr3

0 Likes
FerEsponja
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. I wrote several times to Samsung. They ask for watch logs. However, when I try to extract them in Galaxy weareable app, the app tell me that "need location always on". My Android 9 xiaomi smartphone hasn´t thah option, only Location on or off. 

Samsung knows the issue, but I don´t now if everyone send them this logs in order to analyze the problem.

Do you Know any way to extract logs?? Samgung told me in galaxy weareable app, goes tu "about galaxy weareble", then tap several times in the tittle ("Galaxy weareble", and then, on next page, touch "run watch dump". In that point, the app tells to me "activate location always". Mi location is ALWAYS on with this app. I think this option its for Android 11 and above.

I cant help Samsung more. 

0 Likes
Edwsrd1kane
Apprentice
Options

Thry asked me for the same logs, I have a Samsung galaxy s10 plus and consider myself fairly tech savvy. After trying many times I could not figure out how to export them, the Samsung instructions were correct and I couldn't figure it out. 

0 Likes