Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 Classic keeps rebooting my router

(Topic created on: 24-11-2021 11:45 AM)
GiForce
First Poster
Options

Hello all,

I have a strange problem. I am quite familiar with computer electronics and I also setup my router and assemble my own computer.

My issue can be divided into two parts:

Part 1) With the Watch4 Classic WiFi on or off, whenever I charge it, my router in the same room reboots automatically

Part 2) When manually trying to connect to the 2.4 GHz WiFi on the watch, my router reboots

The current solution not to crash/reboot the router is to shut off WiFi and not to charge the Watch4 Classic that often.

Do you guys have similar problems?

My WiFi (2.4 and 5 GHz) has WPA2/WPA3 Personal security standard and 20/40 MHz of channel width. My router is DIR 882 (WiFi 5) and there are no further firmware for it.

What I will do is to connect the smartwatch to 5 GHz or change the channel of the 2.4 GHz. I will keep you posted.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful to you

Samsung smart watch stuck in a boot loop

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003223/
0 Likes
GiForce
First Poster
Options

Currently it seems to work. I have connected my watch to the 5GHz band and also replaced a USB C to USB A charger cable which had a broker isolation. Maybe the second point was the main reason. I am still testing.

0 Likes
GiForce
First Poster
Options

Hello xSteveuk,

thanks but my issue is that the smatwatch causes my router to rebook and not my smartwatch itself.

0 Likes
oanluain432
First Poster
Options

I just got one of these phones. It immediately began interfering with my router and only stopped when I put it in airplane mode. I'll tinker with it, but it's hard to test it when you share a wifi network and don't want to interrupt other people's connections. Let me know how your testing goes.

0 Likes