Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Buds Volume and Balance Issue

(Topic created on: 28-03-2019 03:05 PM)
Electr0
Explorer
Options

!! ALL POSSIBLE FIXES LISTED BELOW !!

Wow... two years later and people are still having this problem.
I decided that I'd go though this massive thread and try to compile all the possible fixes, to make it easier for people to (hopefully) find a solution that works for them. Let's go...!

1. Pair with another non-galaxy device

1. Pair to your Galaxy Phone
  2. Setup using Galaxy Wearables app
  3. Reset using Galaxy Wearables app
  4. Place the Buds in the case and wait at least 10 seconds
  5. Remove Buds from the case & Pair with your other non-galaxy device
  6. Un-pair from your other non-galaxy device
  7. Place Buds back in the case and wait at least 10 seconds
  8. Re-pair to you Galaxy Phone and setup using the Galaxy Wearables app.

2. Blow on the speaker driver

1. Remove the silicon cap on the faulty ear-bud
  2. Cover the ear piece with you mouth and blow VERY GENTLY

3. Clean the metal mesh under the cover

1. Remove the factory wax/glue from the sound exit grid
  2. Remove the metal grid (it will require a tool, eg. use a small pocket knife) and the dark mesh under it
  3. Clean the mesh under the grid (possibly ear wax between the mesh and the metal grid)
  4. Put back the mesh and the grid

4. Check for defects and ensure proper charging

1. Check for dents on the faulty ear bud
  2. Ensure they sit in the case properly
  3. Charge the ear buds fully
    1. Place the ear buds in the case once at a time
    2. Make sure that the case registers both of them - the central light in the case flashes when each bud is placed correctly.
    3. Make sure each ear bud is "seated" correctly
    4. Leave them to charge for a minimum of 20 mins 

5. Toggle "Call Audio" and "Media Audio"

1. Open the bluetooth menu
  2. Navigate to the Galaxy Buds settings
  3. Turn off, then on: "Call Audio" and "Media Audio"

6. Adjust "Media Volume Sync"

1. Open Bluetooth settings -> Advanced
  2. Turn on "Media Volume Sync"
  3. Go to Settings -> Accessibility -> Hearing Enhancements
  4. Adjust the balance of the ear buds

7. Battery Discharge

1. Fully discharge both the ear buds and case to 0%
  2. Fully charge both the ear buds and case to 100%

8. Reconnect Speaker Cable

1. Take you ear buds apart completely
  2. Disconnect then reconnected the ribbon cable to the speaker
  3. Reassemble the ear buds

9. Throw them against a wall  😅 (?)

10. Reset the ear buds

1. Go into the Galaxy Wearables app and then into "About earbuds"
  2. Click "Reset earbuds"

I hope that at least one of these solutions will get them working again for you.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far!

Good Luck! 🤞

1. Hey All,

I've been using my Galaxy Buds for about 2 days now and this afternoon when I put then in, I noticed that the right earbud is significantly quiter than the left. I would say about 75% quieter.

When I put the left bud in, it chime as usual, but now when I but the right bud it, it doesn't chime at all.

I've tried up-paring and re-pairing them to my Galaxy S10+ and have also reset them from within the Galaxy Wearables. My Galaxy Wearables app is up to date, as is the.software on my Galaxy Buds. 

Has anyone else had this issue? 

Is seems that lots of people had this issue wi h the 2018 IconX Buds, could if be something similar? 

Go to solution
193 REPLIES 193
scottlaird
Student
Options
have the same problem with my 10+, even tried different tried different headphones other than my Samsung buds to no avail. went into settings and tried to adjust balance. That is where the problem is. Removed earphones and tried to adjust balance. its the phone that is at fault not the buds. well in my case anyway but dont know how to fix it.
0 Likes
Bellabopfred
First Poster
Options

So this actually worked.  I started having this problem but with my left ear bud. I saw this solution i tried it and it works normal now.

0 Likes
Members_LAe0fYk
First Poster
Options

I had this issue today (29.01.21) with my earbuds and jumped on this forum. I did all the stuff that was recommended and none of it worked. Finally I had a brainstorm and cleaned the buds on a towel. It seems that there was a build up of earwax on the speaker causing the problem....LMAO!!!

0 Likes
firestarter92
First Poster
Options
I'm sorry, I know this post is old but I came across it while I was trying to fix my buds+ (having same issue) i searched everywhere to find the answer to no avail, until today when I was looking for instructions on how to completely dismantle the buds (yes the issue was bothering me that much).

anyway onto the fix: firstly, the problem is a little black filter underneath the silver tip of the buds, it apparently gets so clogged with earwax that it basically becomes a sound dampener. it is NOT a software problem.

all I did was get a needle hook (needs to be quite strong) to break the seal of the silver tip, removed the filter and replaced it with one from another pair of cheaper AKG headphones (they came with my new phone) but the result was instant, completely clear sound again.

anyway sorry again that it's so late to the party. hope this helps people 👍
MacePingu
First Poster
Options

You truly are an angel sent from heaven!

0 Likes
Chilli_G
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much.  I honest thought my buds were toast.  Found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDcKnM9fK4w for anyone looking for some video help in doing this

Mališa
Student
Options

This is proper solution, just blow them with silicone tips not removed, blow them harder if you need and don't carry them in your pockets etc. just in their case!!!Mine got a problem while carrying in my pocket just for few hours.

MissingLink
Journeyman
Options

Boys, WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

ANYONE, ANYBODY WITH THIS ISSUE GO WATCH THE VIDEO THAT CHILLI_G FOUND!!!

(Link)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kDcKnM9fK4w

This is by far the BEST way to fix your budz, the other solutions are only temtemporary, sadly, but this one does it.

TO PREVENT THIS ISSUE: Just clean your ears regularly. I (personally) produce more earwax than the average human and honestly it can be disgusting. But just clean your ears! It's not worth having to deal with this issue when you can prevent it.

0 Likes
Mališa
Student
Options

It will probably be too much for average user. Aldo it is great guide, just clean your ears each time before you use Galaxy Buds, use Q-tip first with slightly dump cotton with water then clean with dry one and always keep them in their case. I still think that using alcohol with Q-tip on metal mesh and turn music at loud and "find my buds" few times will clean buds without any danger to be destroyed. 

0 Likes
Jason736
First Poster
Options

Mine was just earwax as well

0 Likes