Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Buds right earbud no sound

(Topic created on: 19-10-2019 06:42 PM)
samthereaper
First Poster
Options

my right buds sound stopped working this morning. the touch and everything else works and connection isn't the issue, but the sound just stopped working. I have tried restarting, disconnecting and changing the in-ear tip, but nothing happened. I'm sure that earwax isn't the issue. Not sure what the problem is or what I should do. Any help would be appreciated. 

40 REPLIES 40
Richie Umstead
First Poster
Options

The other day, I lost a left earbud, and my right one has stopped working, I've tried most ways to "fix" it but nothing works, I do not know where my left earbud is, and I've been looking for it for a week. What do I do to find a dead, black earbud in dark grass, and fix the right one? 

0 Likes
Earthbound1
Student
Options

Same issue - right ear bud no sound.  Both ear buds have worked perfectly for a year, then suddenly right stopped working.  I have tried resetting, cleaning, unpairing, pairing, basically all but dropping or throwing them in or out of the case.  Though in frustration I would love to.  I agree this appears to be a software update issue - and I question why - when we purchase in good faith, from a company that has a good track record, and pay dearly for devices, is it up to us, the consumer, to jump through these hoops to "fix what the company broke".  This is not just a Samsung issue, I am experiencing this "upgrade failure issue" with several "devices".  Can not purchase anything that is not somehow wifi or bluetooth connected.  Yet the companies do not seem able to keep their end of the software working properly.  Samsung take heed - you are making us mad, we will move on to other company devices.  Your products are no good if they do not work.  And your "help" stinks.  Want to talk about my Samsung gas range issues......

0 Likes
Earthbound1
Student
Options

Desparate I came looking for solution from Samsung for right ear bud not working.  Thanks to this page I see I am far from alone.  Yet, sadly, very few have resolved the issue.  Want to thank Ambirae for the link https://youtu.be/kDcKnM9fK4w he posted.  I did go to that, watched it, brought out the q tip, rubbing alcohol, and sewing needle case.  Gracious, that was a great video, and my ear bud is 100% volume.  Thank you for the link Ambirae.  Any still struggling - seriously check out this video - give it a try.

0 Likes
Ged1s
First Poster
Options

I had same issue with refurbished after a day from receiving. Since its via amazon, you just get replaced and send others back.

0 Likes
Bxhdhd
First Poster
Options

FIXED. I tried everything and nothing worked. 
Fix? 
i smacked it into the wall as hard as i can which cracked the bud open. I reassembled the bud and it is working perfectly.

0 Likes
Mandrakee
First Poster
Options

Resetting them in the wearable apple and reconnecting them to my phone worked for me! 

0 Likes
ELCormier
First Poster
Options

Thank you for the video, this worked for me. There was quite a bit of gunk between the metal mesh and plastic mesh that wasn't visible from the outside. Desperate times call for desperate measures lol.

0 Likes
Hyperion71
First Poster
Options

I just fixed it by moving the right earphone in the case so the contacts are connected/disconnected rapidly.

Not 100% sure though, because I first tried to only pair the right one while the other was in the case, so perhaps try both things.

0 Likes
Hyperion71
First Poster
Options

Next day and it failed again, and this solution didn't work. This time it failed while I was moving the earphone to find a good fitting, in fact it just did the same again a few minutes ago. Now I'm thinking that maybe it's a problem with some of the microphones. Last thing I did was blowing directly over the small one on top and it fixed the issue, but will have to try again to see if that's the key.

0 Likes
nosfiratu
First Poster
Options

Settings > Accessibility > Hearing enhancements > Connected audio (earphone icon)

Moved the slider from LEFT to CENTER.

Presto!

0 Likes