Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy buds & Lectures

(Topic created on: 27-12-2023 08:00 PM)
Hannah99
Journeyman
Options
Does anyone know if there is some kind of setting that filters out background noise but still picks up on the main speaker?

For example I sit in 2 hour lectures and people chatter, and eat crisps and things. It's one of my pet hates listening to chattering and crunching while trying to focus so if my earbuds could filter out all that background noise but still pick up My lecturers content that would be great! 

If not does anyone know how I could suggest this feature to Samsung? I have a feeling it'll be popular among students, public transport users etc
8 REPLIES 8
Badboy1
Pioneer
Options
Have you tried turning on the active noise cancelling it may help
Scrumdidly
Pioneer
Options
That would cancel everything, including the speaker, I believe Google buds have this function using AI technology. Hopefully, Samsung will implement this in the future when they expand their new AI technology
Hannah99
Journeyman
Options
Thank you, I have tried this and unfortunately doesn't work, it either picks up thr lecturer and plays the lecturer speaking *as well as* all the background noises, or it completely blocks everything off, hopefully samsung come up with this tech soon!
0 Likes
Hannah99
Journeyman
Options
You are totally right! It either completely cancels everything including the speaker or it plays everything including background noise!

I wasn't aware Google buds do this, I will take a look as unfortunately I ran my Pro buds 2 over last week after jumping out my car after my boot was robbed, doubt insurance covers that lol😑
0 Likes
Scrumdidly
Pioneer
Options
I think the Google Bud may need a pixel phone to use that feature, but don't quote me :winking-face:
0 Likes
GreaterGalaxyUK
Helping Hand
Options
Hi was this resolved? This one issue I had so gave mine away!
Hannah99
Journeyman
Options
Nope they've not resolved it yet, mine have been in the drawer since this post wish they'd fix it so I can use them
GreaterGalaxyUK
Helping Hand
Options
I tried ANC, ambient mode, I even played white noise at a low level but that affected hearing others. I sold mine in the end. Like the others said, hopefully Samsung's new AI will sort this out.
0 Likes