Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Active watch display issues after swim

(Topic created on: 14-08-2021 05:29 PM)
LadyDi18
Journeyman
Options

Help!

So I went for a quick swim after kayaking yesterday and my watch stopped working after the swim. Had water lock on. I did shake after and wipes dry but screen started flashing and now won't work. Tried putting in some rice to dry out and charged it last night. Tried rebooting but display comes on and then turns off. 

What next?

14 REPLIES 14
LadyDi18
Journeyman
Options

Can't find anyone who will fix it in Alberta Canada.  Only locations listed by Samsung do phone only. Even best but won't touch it 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@LadyDi18: I'd recommend reaching out to Samsung Canada via the link below, where you should be able to arrange a door to door repair service for your watch. 

Product Help & Support | Samsung CA

0 Likes
TropicalRose
First Poster
Options

I'm having similar issues it stated after the latest download.  I only showered in mine and taken a few baths. Never had any issues beforehand now it's on the fritz. Fist stuck rebooting the flickering now the screen is  completely black with an occasional blue flash which tell me it's still powered on. I tried everything even resetting it hoping it would reboot but now my phone can't seem to find the watch. Whit a waste. I really like this Active2 watch.

0 Likes
RyanT
Student
Options

Yea... Lots of people are complaining about this. I have the same issue, except my watch worked fine for a few months after I was anywhere near the water. They will not fix this. I have sent this watch in 3 times, and was told by a Samsung representative (using the chat feature on the Samsung website) that it will be fixed this time. Nope. They still will not fix it. This watch has the swimming mode, on the back of the box says its "water resistant up to 50 meters", and the advertising shows people swimming with the watch on. I had it under water for only a brief amount of time. Maybe 15 to 30 seconds, at one or two feet deep. I didn't feel right submerging it. Well, I got out of the water, dried to off, then turned off swimming mode, and left on a towel. Then a few months later, stopped powering on. They will not repair it, which would cost $20 more than the watch costs brand new, and would not even give me a discount to repair it. They said Any water damage violates the warranty. How? The ads show people swimming with it. It has a swimming mode. This is false advertisement, and they need to be sewed. I filed for a class action lawsuit. I recommend you do the same if you have this issue

0 Likes
RyanT
Student
Options

Do not buy any Samsung products. I had the active 2. The newer model. Same issue. They are falsely advertising these watches. They claim you can swim with them, but if you do, it voids the warranty, so if it stops working, you are SOL. Screwed. Up ***** creek without a paddle. They will not repair. Even after I was told it would be fixed by a Samsung representative (I have the screenshots of the conversation too). I filed for a class action lawsuit. I will get my money back, one way or another. Samsung continues to sell this defective product, and falsely advertise it too. I spent over $1,000 on the galaxy s10+ I am using, and have a 60 inch Samsung TV. They will NEVER get another cent from me. 

0 Likes