Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GALAXY Active 2 - Reboot Loop

(Topic created on: 21-01-2021 04:03 PM)
Daves1
Journeyman
Options

@Samsung - This is the second Active 2 I have. The first one got an issue with the touch screen and the shop where I bought it did replace to me at no cost. This was like 6 months ago. Today, after coming back from a nice morning run, my active 2 watch start the reboot loop. How can I sort it out this issue please? Please, advise ASAP. Thanks, 

0 Likes
37 REPLIES 37
TanTNT
First Poster
Options

I did the dishes and took showers with my watch many times in the past but it did not survive the last time I wash the dishes. I also firmly believe the water got inside the watch and causing this rebooting loop. All water resistant watches should survive from washing/showing/swimming. This is definitely a design flaw and  Samsung must have to do something about it. I took my watch to many repair shops but all of them don't repair Samsung watches because the repair cost would be more than the price of the watch.

Stand behind your product Samsung.

0 Likes
PrivateJoker
Journeyman
Options

It's a joke and they can care less since they got our money

oic
First Poster
Options

exactly the same problem here, while I was swimming 3 days ago, it's just started to reboot itself  . I can't charge it and it doesn't connect the phone either. This is unbelievable,  they marketed it saying you can swim with this watch. I'm sure many people haven't been able to make a connection between this fault and water, obviously it's a manufacturing defect and I feel cheated. As someone who has been using only Samsung products for about 15 years, I think this watch will be the last product of Samsung that I use.

0 Likes
PrivateJoker
Journeyman
Options

F Samsung. Mine came back online worked for 2 months then battery started to drain every day and then one day quit working.  I've had the watch maybe 16 months. I'll go apple or fitbit now. 

0 Likes
Mario Brito Morales
First Poster
Options

Same here

0 Likes
wpoconnor
First Poster
Options

I used the Active 2 in the pool for the first time for a few minutes yesterday and been in a reboot loop ever sense. Samsung, please help. 

0 Likes
PrivateJoker
Journeyman
Options

Hey Samsung how about some sort of credit for the Watch 4 since you sold us duds of a watch?

picketts
Student
Options

mine started the reboot loop on Saturday ... no idea why or what is happening.  Can't do anything to the watch.  I use original charger, and have downloaded NOTHING.  This is very frustrating.

0 Likes
bourneagain
Student
Options

went for shower, came out and watch stuck in reboot loop.

placed it in rice for 2 days

removed the back cover and let air dry for 2 days

tried hard reset

nothing has worked

this is not acceptable for a device marketed as water resistant

Samsung please provide a solution

0 Likes
Daves1
Journeyman
Options

Hey mate and all.

I stil have my galaxy active 2 in my drawer hoping someone from Samsung will recognize that this is a fail on their end and will send a private notification that we are elegible to go and change the device in one of the authorized shop (which is v difficult to find btw). I just bought the zflip3 and ALMOST bought the galaxy watch 4 - but was afraid of getting the same issue (got issues twice with the active 2 unfortunately - but the first one the seller/shop replaced for me on their own expense) and then ended up keeping my Garmin Forerunner for now.

How can we call Samsung's attention to this issue and get at least a response from them? Active 2 watch was not cheap when I bought to only hold 6 months of usage and unbelievable that it could not resist a bit of water. I'd understand if we went diving like 50 meters deep in the ocean, but not being able to even take a shower with the watch is just ridiculous tbh for the price we laid for said device. 

@samsung @SAMSUNG Do yyou have anyone reading these posts that can do something about it please? 

Hope you all have a good day and awaiting for the new unsatisfied users to find this page after having the issues we all faced with the galaxy watch. 

Cheers,