Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent Bluetooth Disconnection

(Topic created on: 15-11-2020 07:09 PM)
JudgeJustin
Journeyman
Options
I've had my Galaxy Watch 3 for about a month or so now, and I have been experiencing a persistent intermittent problem with its Bluetooth connection to my Galaxy Note 10 + 5G device.  I first noticed it when it wasn't recording my sleep data via Sleep for Android, but subsequently have noticed it frequently drops off during the day too. A further issue is that, when I attempt to manually reconnect it from the watch menu, the connections option often freezes and prevents me from doing so. The only way of reconnecting it is to restart the watch, which usually allows me to reconnect the watch via Bluetooth.  Anything similar being experienced by anyone else? If so, are there any suggested fixes? #galaxywatch3 #samsung #bluetooth #connectionproblems
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
CarlH
Options

Hey @JudgeJustin, hope all is well. IS the software up to date on both your watch and phone? Is your phone in a case or a cover? 

JudgeJustin
Journeyman
Options
Hey @CarlH - thanks for getting back to me. I can confirm that the software is up to date on both the watch and the phone, yes. I have a case for the phone, which is an Official Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus LED Cover Case. I had the same case with the previous version of the Galaxy Watch, which wasn't an issue, in case that's helpful?
0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Thanks for the info. Do you or did you have any other devices connected to your phone? 

0 Likes
JudgeJustin
Journeyman
Options
Nothing else connected, no.
0 Likes
ecosse01
Voyager
Options
When I got my Watch 3, I had this on around day 2. I immediately "forgot" the watch on the phone. Rebooted the watch then re-paired the watch. Been good as gold since.
JudgeJustin
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for this pointer, which I will most certainly give a try right away. Will keep you posted on whether or not it works for me, but either way I very much appreciate your suggestion.
ecosse01
Voyager
Options
No worries, it's why we're all here.

Good luck.
JudgeJustin
Journeyman
Options
Unfortunately, it would appear that the watch's Bluetooth seems to have switched itself off at around 5am, so manual reconnection using the connections option on the device was required yet again this morning 😕
0 Likes
JudgeJustin
Journeyman
Options
Do you have any suggestions on how this problem can be fixed, or is it likely I simply have a defective unit?
0 Likes