Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freestyle Libre Glucose Monitoring System & Samsung Watch 5 Pro, Watch 5/Watch 4

(Topic created on: 16-10-2022 10:43 AM)
AJKohl
Pioneer
Options
Hello, can anyone tell me if it is possible to get mirror notifications, trend graphs, etc from a Samsung Galaxy A40 or A53 to a Samsung Watch 5 Pro, Watch 5 or Watch 4 and see notifications from a Freestyle Libre 3 or Freestyle Libre 2 continuous glucose monitoring sensor? Thank you.
13 REPLIES 13
robd1
Voyager
Options
Hello @AJKohl, the Samsung Health app lists a number of blood glucose meters it connects to. You would probably need access to one of them and test it. I know mine isn't currently on the list. They areunder Blood glucose, three dots top right hand menu
robd1
Voyager
Options
Apologies @AJKohl, finger trouble, then in Accessories for list of current Blood glucose meters. You can Scan for accessories with Bluetooth on there, to check if it will pick up your meter. Also, you may need to add Blood glucose into Samsung Health first.
AJKohl
Pioneer
Options
Thank you @robd1. I've read a document on the Internet from the manufacturer of the Freestyle Libre continuous glucose monitoring system which suggests that it should not be necessary to access the Samsung Health app in order to receive notifications or data produced by the Freestyle Libre system on a compatible Samsung watch and Samsung smartphone.
0 Likes
Avrami
First Poster
Options

@AJKohl can you please share the link to the document you refer to above?

Thanks, Avrami

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @AJKohl ,

the link shared give us a Server error 404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Can you please check this?

AJKohl
Pioneer
Options
Hello. The link goes to a pdf document on one of Abbott's servers. Please see new link below:

https://freestyleserver.com/Payloads/IFU/2022/q2/ART39109-001_rev-X-web.pdf

Hopefully it works this time.
Shathathe
First Poster
Options
Hi @AJKohl , I read the list you sent but no explanation hiw to download the apps. I have a new samsung smartwatch5 and no matter what I tried, I cannot install freestyle aoo on my watch. I cannot even find it under Google store. Have you managed to jnstall it on your watch? If yes, how please.
AJKohl
Pioneer
Options
Hello @Shathathe

If you have set up the Watch 5 and gone into the Galaxy Wearables app on your smartphone, then you don't need to install the Freestyle Librelink app on the watch. You only need to go into notifications on the Galaxy Wearables app on your phone and allow Freestyle LibreLink to send notifications to the Watch 5.

The notifications received are very basic. They will alert you if your glucose is high or low (you will still need to scan the Freestyle Libre 2 sensor with your mobile phone to obtain an actual glucose reading from the Libre 2 sensor).

You will not receive trend arrows or graphs on the Galaxy Watch 5.

Abbott Laboratories make the Freestyle Libre Glucose Monitoring System have been extremely slow in developing software tools that will allow user friendly data from their sensors to be ported to a smartwatch.

At the moment I and hundreds (thousands?) of other Samsung mobile phone users cannot currently get the Freestyle LibreLink app on my mobile to give a low or high glucose alarms following two updates to the Freestyle LibreLink app and the upgrade of Android OS on my mobile from OS 12 to OS 13 seven weeks ago.

I have NO idea what sort of notifications a Galaxy Watch 5 may or may not receive from a Freestyle Libre 3 sensor and corresponding Freestyle Libre 3 LibreLink app because at present virtually no diabetic living in the United Kingdom has access to the Freestyle Libre 3.