Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FB messenger galaxy watch active 2

(Topic created on: 29-03-2021 06:41 PM)
dolejs1111
First Poster
Options

Hello, 

I recently bought galaxy watch active 2 (no LTE) and paired it with my pixel 4a5G. The problem is that despite receiving notifications from every app I tried (WhatsApp, FB messenger and Slack) I cannot reply from the watch. 

I went to local Samsung service and now the WhatsApp works. It was a settings problem. Nevertheless I can't find any similar solution for FB messenger. Not in the wearable app and not in messenger itself. Restarting both devices didn't help, as well as reinstalling the apps and factory reset of the watch. Both devices are updated.

Does anybody have any idea how to make this work? 

Thank you

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
WalterFox
Navigator
Options
Unfortunately in our watches you can reply on txt sent via messenger only when you get notifications on your watch. Once notification is removed from your watch you can't check who texted you or reply :((( That's big minus. There is no dedicated apps from WhatsApp or messenger for our watches 😞
0 Likes
dolejs1111
First Poster
Options

Hi, thanks for your answer.

I understand that you can't reply at a later time or start a new conversation. The problem is that I can't reply at all, even if I try it immediately after receiving the notification. I can type in the text or choose one of the prepared short texts, I can even send it and the watch reports it as Sent✓. But it is not sent.

Whatsapp works and the message is actually sent and I can see it on the phone. In messenger it does not work and even after the watch reports Sent✓, it is nowhere to be seen in the watch, phone or browser. It is also not delivered. 

0 Likes
dolejs1111
First Poster
Options

Oh, and one more piece of information I just discovered - you can actually send Like in the FB messenger. So the watch can communicate with the app on the phone, but somehow not send messages or emojis. 
I can also send SMS and call from the watch, reply in Whatsapp and Slack. It is just FB messenger that is problematic.  

0 Likes
WalterFox
Navigator
Options
Try switch ON and OFF notification for messenger...sometimes it works

clipboard_image_1617039679241.jpg

0 Likes
dolejs1111
First Poster
Options

I tried that before and I tried it now, doesn't help. But thanks 🙂 any other ideas?

0 Likes
WalterFox
Navigator
Options
I'm thinking, do you have one or two profiles on FB? Perhaps watch could be "confused "....just thinking
0 Likes
dolejs1111
First Poster
Options

I have one profile.

0 Likes
Dheeman
First Poster
Options

I have S21 & Galaxy Watch. FB messenger reply do not work. But 'FB messenger lite' reply does work.  

0 Likes