Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Tags

(Topic created on: 01-01-2024 02:06 PM)
GarethB85
Student
Options

I love my Smart Tags for keeping track of various things, but maybe it could be taken further? 

As a parent of 2 young-ish kids (under 10) they're still at an age where I keep track of their movements when out and about, but they're also big enough, and *mostly* smart enough to fly solo for a bit.

What I was imagining was a discreet device like the Smart Tag/Tag 2, but with the option to make the alerts silent and use vibration instead. The inclusion of the motor will add bulk, but the vibration units are quite small these days.

It would be potentially useful when:

Paging - At a restaurant and the order arrives but maybe the kids are playing - you could discreetly page them with a vibration.

Proximity warning - you could set a range and get a heads-up on your phone if the device moves out of that.

SOS - Whether it be "Stranger danger" or "I've had a fall and need a hug" a quick button press can alert the parents without alerting anyone else that you're calling for help.

Large family outings - as a simple communication/location system for large families at busy events/places like Disney.

I like the build style of the Tag 2 - it could be hung on a caribiner/lanyard or in a kid sized watch strap which is probably best for feeling the haptic buzz.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there @GarethB85

These are great ideas and could add value in the product.

Samsung don't review the forum in this way but if you go to Samsung Members App, select Help then Feedback, you can provide feedback into Samsung which will get reviewed. 🤗
GarethB85
Student
Options

Much obliged, I'll absolutely give that a shot - they're missing valuable input if they're not sifting customer feedback 😂 

I suppose I posted in case there WAS an option, maybe my Google-fu isn't as sharp as I imagine.

Appreciate you taking the time to point me in the right direction 🍻 

0 Likes