Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise recording as cycling when walking with pram

(Topic created on: 14-04-2021 07:17 PM)
tommysnan
Student
Options
When out walking whilst pushing a pram my steps are recoding on my phone but my watch as recording the same exercise as cycling. How do I only record this as 1 (reasonably accurate) activity. When it syncs with mfp it adds both. I have tried to delete either the cycling or the steps but they both just reappear. Any idea how I can avoid this happening. The calories burned for the cycling are significant and I would like to know where it gets this data from.
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Thesld
Pioneer
Options
it's to do with hand positions I'd imagine as they'll be similar in pushing a pram as being on a bike.
don't think you'll be able to get it to record it as walking unless you activate the "walking" option under workouts and start that.
tommysnan
Student
Options
So would the calories recorded be based on heart rate do you think?
0 Likes
TNJGB
Navigator
Options

You can set the steps in Samsung Health on the phone to measure all steps (watch and phone) or phone only.

The pushing a pram also has the same problem in pushing a golf cart or a wheelchair as the watch does not see this motion as steps. Even worse when the phone is also in a bag on the cart/pram/wheelchair.

Thesld
Pioneer
Options
Yeah, to a degree. And their algorithm for calculating cycling calories burned.