Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earbuds Pro really bad itching, bleeding, blistering, scalping

(Topic created on: 26-04-2021 09:31 AM)
Ironmunki
Apprentice
Options

I am about to give Samsung a call in the morning about a really bad reaction I keep getting when wearing the Earbuds Pro. It was fine at 1st, but recently every time I put it on, after a few minutes of wearing I would get really bad itching, burning sensation. Then followed by oozing/bleeding.

This was not the 1st time it happened. After the 1st time, I wrote it off as a 1 off and waiting for my ears to heal before putting it back on. It was about a week of oozing/bleeding and then scalping. After my ears seems like they healed, then I started using them again. Repeated 3 times and this was the last and 3rd time. Something is wrong with these eardbuds.

Like I said, I was using them fine for a while. Although at 1st it would be kinda itchy but that was after wearing them for hours. But now, I can't even get by with more than 15-30 minutes before my ears start burning and itching. My theory is there is a malfunction in the charger metal ports where it gets activated while in ear and produces enough electrical current to slow burn in the inside of my ears. OR, simply my ear has developed an allergic reaction with whatever materials these earbuds use.

In any case, I am calling Samsung in the morning and try to get some help. I obviously can't use them anymore if they keep doing this to my ears every time and I am out of my return window.... 

EDIT: FORGOT to mention, I ordered some aftermarket tips that are foam after the 2nd time it started itching - thinking it might be the silicone tips. The itching wasn't as bad but it still got a little itchy after wearing it for a while. I didn't stick with it cause they didn't do a good job of keeping the earbuds in my ears.

21 REPLIES 21
Bombus
Student
Options
Do you have a silicone allergy?
0 Likes
Ironmunki
Apprentice
Options

I don't think I have a silicone allergy. These are not the 1st earbuds I have ever used with silicone ear tips. 

Also, I edit my post. What I forgot to mention was I tried ordering some foam eartips to try out for while thinking it might be that. It helped a little but my ears still got pretty itchy after wearing them for a while. By a while, I DON'T mean hours. Literrally like < 1 hr.

Bombus
Student
Options
I hope you get to the bottom of it mate..x
0 Likes
DaveTM
Explorer
Options
Maybe try cleaning them with an alcohol based cleaner within samsung cleaning guidelines then try then. If it does it again seek professional medical advice. Also speak to Samsung about it. Hope your sort it soon.
0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @Ironmunki, really sorry to hear about this. Samsung take such cases very seriously, so let me know if you were able to reach out to Samsung support. If not, let me know and I can get this escalated for you.  

Ironmunki
Apprentice
Options

I have decided not to contact Samsung yet. I am ordering another set of after market eartips (foam) and see if it's better 1st.

keithcoyne
Pioneer
Options
Hi SaudA, I've also had this issue and there are at least a couple of other posts describing the exact same reactions caused by Buds Pro. Would be grateful if this could be escalated and looked into as the buds are unusable for me and not being able to wear any in-ear buds while my ears heal has a big impact on my work. Cheers
0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @keithcoyne, I've sent you a PM with some more info, please respond when possible, so I can escalate this. 

keithcoyne
Pioneer
Options
Thanks @SaudA, already in process through @CarloL