Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customisable Run/Interval Training

(Topic created on: 23-09-2020 03:34 AM)
Member_No138090
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I am using the Galaxy Watch (linked to my Galaxy S8). I do lots of different types of runs with just my watch and would like to set up customised training sessions.

Most information i have found directs you to use either the dedicated workout schedule programs OR use the pace-setter option under the workouts. However, I've found neither to be customisable enough to set up the training im after. The pace-setter is still limiting to what you can set.

As an example, I would like to set up interval training as:

- Run 400m 

- 75 second rest

(repeat the above 8 times)

My friends using other brand watches can set these customisable runs before we go, I've found I have to watch the distance and time and keep hitting the manual lap. Am i missing something or is this not possible currently in S Health?

EDIT: Alternatively, is it possible to create our own programs and add them to S Health?

34 REPLIES 34
Jurie
Student
Options

Same here, is a must have option!

Jurie
Student
Options

same here! 

mcmir
Apprentice
Options

Same here, very disappointing. And I had to explain my husband (who gave me the samsung watch) why I was still running with my old garmin. He thought he had bought me a watch that looked good and would keep me active. Yeah right, I wear the samsung to work and the garmin for my runs. Samsung really should fix this, I am not recommending the watch to friends. We shoud have bought a new garmin.

Tundraman
Student
Options

Same here too. I've been using Polar training devices with success for years but got very excited of all the other functionalities of Galaxy watch. It's a great device but lacks heavily in sports functionalities compared to it's peers. It's missing interval training runs, custom training plans etc. so I have now come to a point in which I just want to give up and sell my GW and go back to Polar. It would not be a massive job for Samsung just to add these things to Health app and a possibility to upload plans to the watch.

Hiittimer
Apprentice
Options

Hey guys, we have just created a HIIT Interval Timer for the Galaxy Watch Active 2.  It's called just that in the Samsung Store: HIIT Interval Timer.

It will allow you to set number of rounds/sets, workout/work time and rest time.  Please let me know if you have any issues.

I'm trying to figure out how to include a link, but I'd you search HIIT Interval Timer from your watch it should appear.

0 Likes
Tundraman
Student
Options

Thanks for the information. I will have a look at the app. As I’m a runner I would be keen to know if your app can also provide all running, route and hearth rate metrics as the native Samsung Health running app? Running the intervals e.g. it is necessary to know your pace, HR, duration etc. not only while a session but also afterwards.

Cheers,

0 Likes
destaniumen
Apprentice
Options

I am also disappointed that this is missing. 

0 Likes
Member_No138090
Apprentice
Options

After 8 months and no reply from Samsung, I have switched to a Garmin...

The Samsung watch was a nice smart watch but a bit behind in fitness tracking.

Defeat
First Poster
Options

This is really a shame, it would take like 30 minutes for one of samsungs programmers to make this. I also miss xc skiing, all samsung has to do is basically copy/paste the cycling profile and rename it xc skiing, but nope.. 

It's so strange. Samsung has nailed all the hard and expensive features, making a very good smartwatch, but then ignores the cheap and easy software-features making it useless as a fitness tracker, why?????

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

For anyone still looking for a resolve to this issue, I chatted with live support who gave me the following instruction: 

"May we please ask for your help to send software feedback directly to our software developers. The good thing about this is they will be aware of how many users of the watch requires the feature and expedite the process on making the update. To send software feedback straight to our developers, please use the Samsung Members application. If it's not built in on your device, you may download it from Google Playstore. To be able to send feedback on Samsung Members, please open the application, select Support and tap on Send Feedback. This will allow you to ask a question or send an error report."

Hopefully by sending direct feedback we'll be able to escalate the issue.