Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counting Steps When Not Moving

(Topic created on: 23-04-2023 07:14 PM)
wcndave
First Poster
Options

I saw I had 10,000 steps today which seemed unlikely, so I was just watching my watch, when I saw the step count jumping up every few seconds.  Sometimes just a few steps, sometimes 10.... but constantly counting....

I was unable to find anything recent on why this might be.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
keith30
Maestro
Options
If you had taken that many you'll be lying on the sofa knacked! 🤣😆
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I do 14000-16000 a day easily, most I have done is 34 000 steps and I was knackered after that

Oops back to the original post, I have never seen that happen before
0 Likes
AaronAJ
Options

Hi @wcndave 

Please can you confirm what watch you have got? Also, can you confirm what mobile device you have connected to your watch?

wcndave
First Poster
Options

Oh many days I do 10,000 easily, my daily target is 8,500.  However on this day I know I did very little as I was working most of the day.

0 Likes
wcndave
First Poster
Options

I thought I tagged it, but I guess not.  I have a Galaxy watch 2.

This is connected to my 1+ T5

0 Likes
AaronAJ
Options

Thank you for that, @wcndave. Make sure your watch is up to date by doing the following:

Open the Galaxy Wearable app. The app may be named Samsung Gear > About watch > Update watch software > Update now.

Are you connected to Samsung Health on your phone? 

wcndave
First Poster
Options

Hi, thanks for the response.  There is no "update now" for me.

wcndave_0-1682330898833.png

Here is the software information

wcndave_1-1682330944277.png

I am connected to the health app on my phone.

Since I initially posted, I have been keeping notes.

I took exactly 64 steps from my desk at one point, and it counted 64.

I then sat for 20 minutes, without moving, and it counted 92 steps...

0 Likes
AaronAJ
Options

Make sure you are wearing your watch where it does not move a lot on your wrist. Please enable Location by doing the following:

Press the Menu button > Settings > Connections > Location > Update now.

Also, ensure "Workout detection" is enabled on your smartwatch by doing the following:

From the Samsung Health app, select Start > Swipe to the left and select Settings > Workout detection > Select the circle next to each type of exercise, turning it green to enable or grey to disable. Let us know how you get on.

wcndave
First Poster
Options

Thanks.  Location is on.  Workout detection is on.  In fact today I glanced at my watch whilst sitting at my desk, and it said I was 10 minutes into a workout (which you cannot stop).

In the meantime, I've managed to do another 1500 steps by taking my watch off and placing it on the charger...

0 Likes