Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Connecting UK phone with Chinese watch 6

(Topic created on: 26-12-2023 11:36 AM)
Juledrop10
Apprentice
Options
Any advice for connecting a watch 6 showing in Chinese to a UK phone? 
I can't work out how to change language and it won't connect. Help! 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Juledrop10
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for the advice I'm all sorted now. Turns out the reset option is in the same menu location as older watch models

View solution in context

10 REPLIES 10
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If the wrong language is appearing on your smartwatch's menu and screens, you will most likely need to change the display language settings on the connected phone. This is because when your watch is paired to a phone, the watch's language is based on the connected phone's settings and cannot be changed from the watch. However, you can change these options on a standalone watch or a watch that was set up without a phone.

If you have got a standalone watch, use the instructions below to manually change the language. On your watch, navigate to and tap Settings. Tap General, and then tap Language.

From there, select your desired language. If Language is grayed out or does not appear, then the smartwatch is paired to a phone and you will need to change the settings from the phone.

Note: The Galaxy Watch4 series cannot be set up as a standalone watch, and therefore you can only change the display language from the connected phone.
https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/samsung-smartwatch-manually-set-language-date-and-....
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
cdent
Journeyman
Options
I used my phone and Google Lens to do a live translate when I got my Chinese Watch 5 Pro
0 Likes
DanGnana234
Pathfinder
Options
Or just flash the UK firmware to it
0 Likes
Solution
Juledrop10
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for the advice I'm all sorted now. Turns out the reset option is in the same menu location as older watch models
nanamiaw
First Poster
Options

hi may I ask you something ? Is it ok to buy samsung watch in china and use it outside the country? any difference with the service ? I have plan to buy samsung watch 6 china version and use it in Singapore. But I don't know if some of functions will be lock or not

0 Likes
nanamiaw
First Poster
Options

did you bought the device in China ? Is there any difference between global version and chinese version ?

0 Likes
cdent
Journeyman
Options
Mine was a Chinese Watch and I'm using it in Europe with no loss of functionality so it should be all good
0 Likes
nanamiaw
First Poster
Options

wow sounds good, then I'll buy it in China and take it back to my country. thankyou for the advice. have a good day !

0 Likes
Naman Padia
Apprentice
Options

Hi,
Can you please help me out by suggesting step by step process  to connect Galaxy Watch bought from China? I bought Galaxy Watch 6 Classic from China & wants to connect it in my home country India. As I am unable to connect it on m y Samsung Galaxy phone. I tried everything to connect it; even though Samsung India in not helping me in this case, saying that, your watch is overseas model so we could not help you. So requesting you to please share me some details, how you connect your watch (Chania version) in UK? 

0 Likes