Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I find out which devices my buds are connected to? (i.e. think they are stolen)

(Topic created on: 05-07-2020 11:32 AM)
happilyrobot
Apprentice
Options

I have recently purchased the Buds+, so I sold my old buds on eBay. 

Buyer claiming he never received them (:face-with-rolling-eyes:) even though tracking says otherwise. 

Is there a way for Samsung to tell me which devices have the buds connected and where these devices are with my serial number for the buds?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

They maybe able to see if the buds have been registered on another Samsung Account but probably due to GDPR Data Protection they wouldn't be able to divulge information.

They wouldn't be able to see if they are paired to to another phone.

Does tracking involve a signature or because of the COVID-19 pandemic and some couriers are not taking signatures does it include a picture outside the address ?

Unfortunately some people's integrity is lacking and can make such claims of non delivery to get money back and you'll need to follow i assume PayPals Dispute protocols.

Personally I sell privately due to those reasons.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
happilyrobot
Apprentice
Options
Yeah it involves a picture now rather than signature.

Nothing will stop some people.

I will try and chat with Samsung again on live chat as couldn't get through yesterday and no way to email or call it seems.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Sadly it happens on auction sites along with other scams but people are honest and complete a transaction fairly too.

If the picture shows the property then provide that to eBay and PayPal as proof of delivery and acceptance of the package. Get the courier company involved.

Make it clear to the Buyer and the auction site you've acted correctly and provided goods in accordance to the sites T&C's of buying and selling.

I think you'll draw a blank with Samsung as they won't probably want to get involved with possible fraud from a private sale and the importance of data protection but that said it won't harm to ask.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "