Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I backup a Galaxy Watch Active on my Android phone, then restore the data on an iOS phone?

(Topic created on: 21-12-2020 01:42 PM)
djreyes
First Poster
Options

I have made a backup of my watch on my Android device and I have also successfully restored that backup. However, I was wondering if that backup (since I believe it gets backed up to the cloud) can be restored if I then connect the watch to an iOS device?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
djreyes
First Poster
Options

Ok, so I've answered my own question. I backed up my data on my Android phone. Reset the watch (as you have to when connecting to a new device) and then tried to restore backed up data. Alas, there was none. 

I figured it would be. I guess it was wishful thinking on my part. I am assuming it is because of the limited and different features you get with using the Galaxy Watch Active with iOS - I can't find where to use coupons as I can on my Android phone; no ability to reply from the watch. I do find the watch stays better connected to my iPhone than it does my Android phone. Which I find strange but the fact I can't reply to messages via the phone might make me return to using it with my Android phone .

0 Likes