Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen after swimming Galaxy watch active

(Topic created on: 10-08-2022 07:38 PM)
Members_L7SH5Uj
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I purchased the galaxy watch active in Jan 21 from amazon. I have never used it for swimming until today. While on holiday on gran canaria, I decided to go for a swim in the pool and put on the water lock mode. I looked at the watch a few times to check the time and all was fine.

Later on I checked and it had a black screen, I originally thought the water lock feature had drained the battery, but on getting out the pool and going to recharge the black screen will not turn on, nor is the watch responsive.  I also found that the back section covering the charger on the watch had stuck to the charger as the glue around it had started to come away.

I have read the guidance and the watch is supposed to be waterproof, so I would not expect in my 1st go with it in the pool for it to stop working nor for the glue to perish around the charger.

Any advice in how to fix this please or if it under warranty as I read somewhere that the warranty is 5 years if not purchased direct through Samsung

Thanks

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
ThatGuyJacobee
Navigator
Options
Best to contact the place you bought it for asking for a replacement under warranty (most stores have at least a year warranty, andnminimum 2 years within the EU) as it seems water damage has occurred.

Edit: Just read that you bought it through amazon, they are usually very customer-orientated so best to contact them to resolve this.
0 Likes
Yas1320
Navigator
Options
I have the same issue with my active 2 watch, hapoened earlier this week. First time I ever used it in a pool on holiday. Was working fine a few times I checked it, then black screen. Tried charging too, no joy. Unfortunately, my warranty has expired.
0 Likes