Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bixby on Active 2 - Error during set up

(Topic created on: 15-05-2020 06:25 AM)
djsat2
Explorer
Options

Can't setup Bixby on my watch active 2 as everythime i go through the setup process it tells me there is an error and to try again later, ive reset the watch completely, removed the wearables app from my phone several times but still not working.

Samsung's online support chat was beyond useless and despite telling me they were technical support had no idea how the watch works and just got me to reset the watch and clear app cahces any times before conceeding they were useless and that i should seek out a replacement!!

Anybody else had this issue and hopefully a fix?

4 REPLIES 4
MickeyJ
First Poster
Options

I have just updated Bixby. The setup starts, I can select a language and then I am greeted with: "Welcome to the new Bixby." This is then followed by an error and I should try again later.

Mateo_N
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem when trying to setup Bixby on my freshly reset Active 2. With all software / apps up to date. Apart from this problem, thoroughly enjoying my watch!

0 Likes
josedeo
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same problem here. Just got my Active 2 and tried everything (backup, restore, force stop, etc). Latest firmware and no app to be updated.
Still getting the same frustrating sequence:

Select language (English in my case)

Voice: "Welcome to the new Bixby"
"An Error Occurred, please try again"  😞 

0 Likes
DzSoundNirvana
First Poster
Options

I ran into the same problem during initial use (1st time ever) on the active 2.BixbySamAct2InitUse.jpg I've backed up and reset the watch and tried again....... Still no luck.

0 Likes