Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Big issue with watch 5 not showing caller id with incoming calls

(Topic created on: 21-11-2023 12:47 PM)
ashouhdy
Pioneer
Options

hello, am facing a big issue with my wifi enabled gw5 paired by bluetooth with s23u all at latest updates , the incoming calls not showing the id as before just the number,

i have hard reset the watch , deleted the wearable app and reinstalled , repaired the watch as new watch , gave all permissions , set the default phone app as default ,, contacts are shown on the watch normally ,, messages too..

but when i have an incoming call the name not shown , just a number ,, very frustrating ,, i would like to have a responce from samsung ASAP ...  how to fix this !!  my other mates watches are working fine with the same configurations !! only mine !! 

watch =  wearable OS 4.0     phone is  one ui 6

Go to solution
41 REPLIES 41
Jethro12
Student
Options

I have tried multiple resets. Spent an hour and a half with Samsung tech support in a chat trying to fix. After completely resetting the watch and reinstalling everything Samsung have told me to take the watch to a service centre. It makes me think the only fix for this could be a firmware update. However, based on all the comments in this forum, it would appear a lot of people are going to need a firmware update on almost every watch. I'm not sure I want to waste my time going to the service center unless I hear it's worked for someone else. Has anybody else had their problem fixed by  a service center?

0 Likes
ashouhdy
Pioneer
Options

NONE ! my watch is sleeping in the drawer now useless ... its been 3 months and no response from Samsung representatives at all ..

0 Likes
HYosri
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I have the same issue Samsung Galaxy S22 ultra with Galaxy Watch 5 pro, it was working fine until the last update I can't show the contact name now on my watch.

We need a fast solution to this issue....

0 Likes
Dozotto
Apprentice
Options

This issue will never be solved! 

ChameeraJW
First Poster
Options

I solved this issue by installing WhatsApp on my Galaxy watch. You can install it through the App Store on your Watch and link it to the same account you use on your mobile phone.
Cheers...!!!

0 Likes
Chidozieokoroama
First Poster
Options

I am currently experiencing the same issue. I have already done a Galaxy watch 5 Pro reset yet the ID of stored caller sfrom my phone contact list doesn't display on my watch. I have equally downloaded the Google phone app to no avail.

0 Likes
ashouhdy
Pioneer
Options

for 4 months now , no solution 

0 Likes
ashouhdy
Pioneer
Options

it's already linked and no caller id shows ,, ironically all whatsapp calls and messages are with id !

0 Likes
HYosri
Apprentice
Options

What is the next? When samsung will care for us and fix this issue. I really blame myself for buying samsung products 

0 Likes
Sunriset
Explorer
Options

S24+ and Galaxy Watch 6 classic

Same issue. 

0 Likes