Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backside of my Samsung Frontier is cracked by itself

(Topic created on: 23-04-2018 08:07 AM)
aleksandarotto
First Poster
Options

Last night I just realised that the back side of my Samsung Frontier watch is cracked. I know that it never felt down or similar happen.  Did anyone have such issue?

20180423_110021.jpg

36 REPLIES 36
Evynmicha
Apprentice
Options

20200621_173851.jpg

0 Likes
flavender
First Poster
Options

I believe the problem is related to charging. I truly believe it's a design flaw considering all these users seem to have the same identical problem.

0 Likes
flavender
First Poster
Options

And it's not a cheap watch.

0 Likes
CosminP1
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone!

I have the same problem :(.

When i went to the service and explain the problem and also explain that this is a common issue and it really is not an mecanical shock from the user, that I just found the back glass shattered by itself, they ignored me and the cancelled my waranty.

Shame on you samsung and your customer service and waranty support and all that staff.

I will never buy your watches again.

0 Likes
Monty
First Poster
Options

I found out this morning that my watch samsung gear s3 has cracked at the back and I have not dropped this watch. I took it out of the charge and it had a crack at the back this is a big shame what the hell is wrong with this watch Samsung?  fix it

20210206_204647.jpg

0 Likes
James_Tom
Journeyman
Options

it’s a shame Monty, these could be such a good watch but no, and Samsung has not helped me one bit, so I’ve moved on to iPhone And use third party smart fitness band. It works great, better than Samsung and the iPhone Battery lasts much better than the Samsung, couldn’t be happier, thank you Samsung, so Monty may I suggest you look at another brand of phone, actually I think I already did. All the best mate. 

0 Likes
Monty
First Poster
Options

Hey all just wanted to come back to the group and let you know that Samsung agreed to repair my watch for free. Below is an attachment receipt of what was done to the watch.

I took it to Samsung in Chadstone - Melbourne and advice them that the crack on my phone was due to a charging malfunction. At first Samsung did not agree to repair my watch and asked me to fork out 120 dollars to replace the back of my watch. I vigorous refused and said to them that this was not my fault and that the crack was clearly due to the phone overheating which they later on agreed to repair the watch for free.

After closer inspection they found the insides of the phone fried so they ended up replacing the back and insides of the phone. The only parts that I kept as original were the straps and front screen. Mind you the interface is an upgrade from what I had and all the apps work better than the older version.

The battery is more stable now I used the watch this morning to exercise and from 8am to 11am, I have only used up 1% to 99% of the battery.

Good luck to everyone hopefully you can get your watch fixed under warranty like it should be and thank you Samsung Australia.

Screenshot_20210303-105204_Gallery.jpg

0 Likes