Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allergic to watch?

(Topic created on: 25-04-2021 06:42 PM)
Chacha87
Journeyman
Options
I appear to be allergic to the underside of the watch. Does anyone know if there is any like a screen protector type which goes on the underside but doesn't effect the HR scanner etc. 

Previously with other watches what this has happened to in the last I've resorted to painting the underside with clear nail varnish but I can't/don't want to do that with this
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
It's best if u replace the straps as other Samsung members complaining about the strap giving them rashes on the hand. U can have a look at the post and see what solutions they found.
0 Likes
Betty999
First Poster
Options
In the old days people would put a 2pence piece underneath to stop a reaction to the watch, these days with digital im not sure
0 Likes
TNJGB
Navigator
Options

If you watch has only the optical sensor (usually a green flashing light) a protector will work, if it has electrical sensors with metal contacts (such as ECG) the protector will insulate the electrical signal and cause problems. These film protectors come in a range of sizes and should be fine for optical sensors on the back of a watch although they will soon come off after some use as they are designed for the glass on the front. Carefully measure the size you need for your watch. They don't cost much so worth a try. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00H48H4IC

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
That wouldn't work with a smartwatch with health monitoring features regardless of metal or optical sensors being used
0 Likes
Chacha87
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for this advice, I do have the electrical sensor one though.
0 Likes