Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youtube won't play through surround sound

(Topic created on: 14-12-2020 06:22 PM)
Rtype
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

I recently bought the 'flagship' QE65Q95T but have had a couple of issues and samsung uk have been of no help at all, well, apart from telling me I have a faulty TV (which I don't).

I have everything connected to a Denon receiver (PS4, Tivo and surround sound system) and I have upgraded from an 8yr old samsung, which I never had any issues with like this.

I used to watch Youtube all the time cast from my phone onto my TV on my old one, butt his new one won't play the sound through the surround sound system and reverts straight back to the TV speakers, it seems to do the same with all the apps to be honest.

I'm on the verge of returning this TV as samsung UK have been usless, basically said I have a faulty TV and should return it, even tho it isnt faulty

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
PaulyWauly36
Pathfinder
Options
have u used a optical cable from tv to denon amp?
0 Likes
Rtype
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I've used an HDMI cable.
It's the exact same set up as I had before with my previous Samsung TV and there were no issues at all.
The home cinema works perfectly when watching TV but the second I try to use any of the Apps or Youtube, it switches the sound straight to the TV speakers.

I'm wondering if its something to do with the multi-screen function

0 Likes
PaulyWauly36
Pathfinder
Options
i had a similar prob years ago,any music app went to tv speakers,so a £3 2m. opt cable from ebay cured it connectedto marantz receiver opt in and select the opt settingand it worked
0 Likes