Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Xbox Series X - Q9FN Support

(Topic created on: 10-11-2020 09:19 AM)
jasonht87
Apprentice
Options

Hi - i have just got a new Xbox Series X and i have connected it to my Q9FN 55" tv (2018 tv) and it does not appear to support the Auto Low Latency Mode and Variable Refresh Rate and auto game mode. The TV supported this for Xbox One X, so i assume it is just a firmware issue, but I cant get it working. I have tried manually updating Firmware. Does anyone know if this TV is being updated to support this?

Go to solution
12 REPLIES 12
thedangore
First Poster
Options

65" QLED Q9FN with Xbox Series X. Worked for me. Thanks for this!

1) Make sure you have the exact firmware update for your tv, don't just blindly follow the link but type in your model and look it up, that was my first problem. I followed link above and blindly followed but TV will not recognize it if its not the EXACT firmware for your TV.

2) I use a mac, so I learned through trial and error that I had to erase and reformat my usb drive to MS-DOS (if using 32Gb and under, exFAT if using over 32Gb) using Macs disk utility. 

3) Once the file is downloaded and your usb is erased and reformatted appropriately, unzip the file. 

4) You'll want to drag the entire folder as is to the empty usb drive. I learned this the hard way as well only dragging the exec. file over within the folder. Doesn't work. Just drag the whole thing and copy it over. 

5) Plug in the usb drive to the one connect box and on the TV go to settings>support>software update>update now and your update file should be found. 

Hope that helps someone else with a mac. It took me a few hours of digging and trial and error to figure this out but it immediately recognized my Series X as "XBOX" and auto low latency mode was un-greyed and available. I will say that I still can't get it to come out of Game Mode with apps like Disney+ and Netflix as of yet, but will do some more testing.

BrutusSkorpus
Student
Options

It's still not working for me, i've been trying for a few weeks now. it's updated to the latest firmware, i've even resetted the tv, it wont auto change it into ''xbox'' and auto game-mode stays greyed out

edit: Nevermind, did a complete factory reset, now it seems to work

0 Likes
Ssarmien07
First Poster
Options

First, thank you so much for going into such great detail! I have been trying to figure this out for weeks, with no success.

I followed your steps exactly, I also have a Mac. I'm able to look up the latest firmware for my TV model (UN75RU8000FXZA), and download the folder to the USB (MS-DOS < 32Gb), with no other files on it. The TV recognizes the USB, and prompts me to check it for update files, but then it says there's no update available. That my TV's current version (1372) is the latest.

I spoke with Samsung support and they were completely unhelpful. Just said "sorry, that hardware is too new and your TV doesn't recognize it. You may get a follow up from another team at some point, but I have no idea when."

My Series X is still "unknown" and I can't use automatic game mode. Do you have any other suggestions I could try?

Edit: Followed previous commenter and did a factory reset. Now it recognizes my input as Xbox, but still shows auto game mode greyed out, and I have to toggle it manually. Would appreciate any advice if someone was able to overcome this.

0 Likes