Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird White Circles On My 4K Samsung TV

(Topic created on: 17-08-2019 01:43 PM)
hbkjason
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have a 50 inch Samsung 4K TV (UE50KU6000KXXU) that I bought back in 2016 and I loved this TV. Fast forward to around a month ago and these weird UFO style circles started appearing in the background. I have tried to take photos, but it does not show up that well on camera.

I started freaking out as once you notice them you are drawn to them and it spoils any movie you are watching. It started with one of the left side, then two and now I have four on the left and two in the middle at the top. I looked around and it seems a major problem with this kind of TV. 

I got in touch with Samsung and they could not have been any less helpful. “It is out of its manufacturer's warranty” was all they told me. Which I feel is disgusting as this is a manufacturing fault, so shouldn’t they be required to replace every one if the problem is the build/design of the TV? A TV should certainly last more than a couple of years! I flat out refuse to give them a penny to fix this problem I would rather spend the extra and just get a different branded TV. I have a Samsung phone, tablet and so does my wife. But due to their very poor customer service, I will never buy another one of their products again.

I know on these Samsung forums some guy said that he found a video showing how to fix this issue, but I cannot find it or even find out if this is a fix that your average joe can do.

If anyone has any advice on how I can fix this problem that would be great.

Thanks

Jason

sam1.jpgsam2.jpgsam4.jpgsam5.jpgsam6.jpgsam7.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
Sotto
Explorer
Options
0 Likes
razvanmg
Journeyman
Options

Hi Jason,

I also have a Samsung 50inch KU6072 model with the same problem as yours.

Like in your case, Samsung refused to hadle the problem free of charge.

And I also refuse to give them a penny more for this.

Have you manged to fix the issue?

0 Likes
RazvanZ
Apprentice
Options

This is outrageous. My TV is not even two years old and I have a screen full of small white circles clearly visible on white background. I will contact the authorized Samsung service on Monday and I'm so curious what they will say about it and if they can fix it.

0 Likes
webg1rl
First Poster
Options

We have a 65" TV that is about 3 years old and just noticed one of these circles.  It appeared yesterday and my husband spotted it first.  Not that he pointed it out, it seems it's become even brighter and it's all you can see when watching anything on TV.  I've been Googling it and people say it could be a light cap that has fallen off and needs to be glued back on, but this requireds taking apart the display, which doesn't sound like something we are comfortable doing!  I went online and did a chat with Samsung support and they just ran me through the self-diagnostic and then told me to schedule a repair. We have 3 Samsung TVs like this and I will never buy one again!

0 Likes
TV502
First Poster
Options

We also have a Samsung 4K TV with white circles.  Very disappointing as the TV is only 4 years old.  We have invested in Samsung products.  TVs, smartphones, and tablets.  Not good.  Actually very bad. 

danielshaw007
Pathfinder
Options

Same TV here, same problem! Very upset

0 Likes
Timpsk
Student
Options

Started happening to mine too. They are trying to get me to download a new software update but it won't help. 

IMG_20210209_210503.jpg

0 Likes
Mikasarg
First Poster
Options

TV Model UA50MU6100 - same issue as others. On bright background a row of small white circles becomes evident. Concerned it will get worse as the TV ages. Not really good enough and Samsung offers no answers to any issues with the TV - they are all talk and no do. Won't buy Samsung in future.

0 Likes
Ostie
First Poster
Options

Are they like donut holes? I thought it was only Samsung but noticed it on a LG as well. From my understanding there are covers or some sort on these backlights that fall off.

I wanted to check if I open my TV if I can note this, but it feels like a lot of effort! 

0 Likes