Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Web browsing

(Topic created on: 22-06-2021 02:58 PM)
Bailey
Journeyman
Options

I have 3 Samsung TVs, differing ages. Most recent all ok. The other two, both smart TVs, when I try to search a site on the web browser greeted with a blank tv or error. I’ve reset the smart hub, unplugged, etc... still nothing. I just want to watch courttv.com 😉 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Bailey: Are all websites affected, or just Court TV? If this is a streaming website then please be aware that the TV web browser does not support flash player, which may be why you're encountering an error. 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Bailey  There will be an issue with streaming websites via the Web Browser as Flash Player in not supported  and there is a limitation on HTML5.   video. No smart Tv web browser has the full functionality  of a computer. See more here https://www.lifewire.com/samsung-smart-tv-web-browser    Video apps are the best option.

However if the  Web Browser is not functioning at all have you tried a factory reset and checked you have the latest firmware on Samsung Support?  

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Bailey
Journeyman
Options

On two TVs it seems to be anything live streaming. The YouTube app works, but going via the web browser doesn’t. My new Samsung tv is fine 

0 Likes
Bailey
Journeyman
Options

I have tried the factory reset, still no joy. I have 3 TVs of various ages, the most recent one no problems. It says all software updated. 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yes but there can be issues with Live streaming via the Samsung Browser, different with dedicated apps.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Bailey
Journeyman
Options

I am sure it worked in the past, one tv is only 4 years old....starting to fill out of love with Samsung! Having ongoing problems with a speaker too 

rogeratucker
First Poster
Options

I also faced same issue yesterday. But after reading your instructions my issue solve, Thank you!!

0 Likes
Bailey
Journeyman
Options

Is there anything I can do? I am confused why 1 TV works ok, but the older ones not, it has put me off Samsung now...

0 Likes
Bailey
Journeyman
Options

Tried resets, etc, I just don't understand why one TV is fine and the others not, surprised a 5 year Old TV has become obsolete so quickly

0 Likes