Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice command smart remote does not work (Q7 55inch QLED TV)

(Topic created on: 30-01-2018 03:46 AM)
OC455
First Poster
Options

I used the voice command with the smart remote several times with no issues.  Press the microphone button on the smart remote and the prompt at the bottom of the screen comes on and it worked with no issues.  I press the microphone button on the smart remote now and there is nothing.  No prompt on the TV, nothing.

Do I need to re-boot the TV?  I have everything setup for automatic updates.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@OC455 wrote:

I used the voice command with the smart remote several times with no issues.  Press the microphone button on the smart remote and the prompt at the bottom of the screen comes on and it worked with no issues.  I press the microphone button on the smart remote now and there is nothing.  No prompt on the TV, nothing.

Do I need to re-boot the TV?  I have everything setup for automatic updates.

Hi @OC455,  updates are sometimes available via USB before OTA, you don't specify your Q model but if you check Samsung Support and an updated version is available you can download the file to USB and update that way.  However there can be issues with the Samsung server, obviously you need a reliable internet connection.  Therefore it may be best firstly to do resets.   If this and any update does not make a difference, Samsung have given the following advice:

1.  Unplug  the TV and waited one minute.  Hold  down the curved arrow button and the color dot button simultaneously until  red light stops blinking. 

2.  Plug  on the power to the  TV.

3. Take Batteries out  remote put them back in. 

4. Go  to the settings on the TV screen and find and  select RESET.

5.  select "restore the TV to the originally factory settings." 

6.  Follow onscreen directions for connecting/pairing  the remote to the TV .

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

dzanik
First Poster
Options

Take Batteries out  remote put them back in - that worked for me, I would never came up with this idea. Thanks!

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @dzanik  Glad it is sorted for you anyway :smiling-face:

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes